Thoughts on T25?

Options
I've seriously been considering trying out T25, but am very nervous. I hate to spend the money on it if it's not something I can do. I'm 33 yrs old, but I'm not in very good shape plus I'm not overly coordinated. Have any of you out there tried it? With or without success?

Replies

• cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi yes I've completed Alpha and I'm a week into Beta round.

I love it and there are modifications for each move and believe me you still egg huge results so long as you are doing the most you can do. The modifier involves no jumping etc.

Once you get to Beta it requires a bit more co ordination but hopefully you will have built to that level during in Alpha - that's the idea. Hope this helps :)
  • dshepard81
    dshepard81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity which is more intense than t25. The thing is, the program will whip you into shape. If you were already in great shape, you wouldn't need the program.
  • DorotaS
    DorotaS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The modifier in it is really helpful in making the workout more accessible. I thought it was a great workout, especially if you like cardio or are short on time. And remember, if you decide to do it, you're not supposed to be 100% fit when you start! That's why the program exists.. to help you get fit. Just start where you're at, modify as much as you need, and as long as you give it your best effort you'll see progress. Best of luck!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am on week 10 (done alpha, almost done beta) I started at 266lbs and have lost 22.5lbs in 10 weeks. Also, 16" overall. It is amazing! I love the program...it is HARD but stick to it and you will see results!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    DorotaS wrote: »
    The modifier in it is really helpful in making the workout more accessible. I thought it was a great workout, especially if you like cardio or are short on time. And remember, if you decide to do it, you're not supposed to be 100% fit when you start! That's why the program exists.. to help you get fit. Just start where you're at, modify as much as you need, and as long as you give it your best effort you'll see progress. Best of luck!

Great post but I would actually say the opposite on one point: it's a great workout if you HATE cardio! Which is me all over. I can't stand running, any cardio equipment at a gym etc but this is the only cardio that I've ever stuck to. Dare I say it I even quite enjoyed Speed 1.0!
  • bethberg12
    bethberg12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you need equipment to do T25?
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    bethberg12 wrote: »
    Do you need equipment to do T25?

A mat and dumbbells or resistance band - only a couple of the sessions require those as most are just you and Shaun T.

I started with Insanity and use T25 as an easier day. It's not easy but just easier! I like the RipTCircuit, Lower and Upper Focus and Speed 2.0 the best. Speed 1.0 and Speed 2.0 are great fun.

• bethberg12
    bethberg12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks! I'm looking forward to the exercise in a shorter time. Honestly, by the time I wrestle the kid into bed, I can't do a 45+ minute workout! 25 min is just my style :-D