Fitbit and MFP not communicating - help?

Options
I've had my Fitbit for 2 years and have been using MFP for ages and they've never had problems really. Today, I logged my workouts in Fitbit and my food in MFP (like normal) and they aren't talking to each other. I'm over my calorie goal for today (by a lot) and Fitbit is telling me I have lots left to eat. The meals I logged in MFP aren't showing up in Fitbit like they normally do. Anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• kristn__
    kristn__ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't working either!
  • cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok glad it's not just me! There must a bug. Hopefully they get to it soon!
  • SunFlwr324
    SunFlwr324 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't working earlier around noon EST but has since connected and properly synced ... sadly I think its just something that needs to be waited out ...
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Same. Fitbit dashboard is saying I have lots of calories left to eat today, but I don't.

Though MFP is adjusting my calories correctly (I believe anyway, the adjustment looks right).

I'm not certain if the problem is on MFP's end. Regardless, I'm not panicking, they communicate eventually.
  • cvstokke
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. @Lourdesong‌ mine is doing the same thing. Adjusting up on MFP's side for my fitbit activity, but not adjusting down on Fitbit's side for cals eaten. I emailed Fitbit to let them know several people are having an issue just in case they aren't aware.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Disconnect and reconnect the accounts. That works a lot of the time for me.
  • cvstokke
    Options
    @anglerae75 tried that several times - didn't work. i've tried everything haha
  • ambermarie143
    ambermarie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mine are not connecting either. Glad I'm not the only one having issues :p
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I saw a notice SOMEWHERE which I now can't remember where that said there were server issues and to be patient - and to not disconnect/reconnect because it just puts more strain on the server - it was dated today.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Mine is fine. I had a lot of issues with it about a month ago where it they would connect for a for a brief second and wouldn't sync the rest of the day. It was happening for almost 2 weeks. Some one on here helped.

1- unlink mfp and fitbit on the mfp apps center
    2- go to your fit bit dashboard on the computer (or phone if your phone has Internet)
    3- click on the gear symbol on the top right side
    4 - in the settings menu, click on applications
    5- revoke access for mfp.

6- start all over linking them
    cvstokke wrote: »
    @anglerae75 tried that several times - didn't work. i've tried everything haha

Are you disconnecting in BOTH sites?
  • tawnygnosis
    Options
    Mine are not working today either. Thanks for posting this.
  • akempf23
    akempf23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine is not working today either. It shows about half of the amount of steps I have actually taken.
  • RangedLunatic
    RangedLunatic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's been slowed down for me. Probably an hour delay. Luckily I have a pretty good idea what I burn off in an hour.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    There is a problem with some servers being Overloaded I think on MFP side. They put out a post about it somewhere on here saying it should all be better by morning. They also recommended not disconnecting and reconnecting so the servers can work it out.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've been having trouble too. I find that if you restart your phone, it will synch.

Annoying I know, but it works.
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mine was messing up tonight. It took a while for them to finally work. Hope yours works soon! I know it can be annoying.
  • cvstokke
    Options
    Thanks for the comments y'all! Hopefully everyone's devices are getting back on track!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    It took over four hours for my workout to log from Fitbit to mfp. For me it seems the apps communicate fairly well during the morning/day, but at night it is a painful delay.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Some days there are glitches technical. You can work around this mentally, for a temporary fix.

If you have Fitbit set to sedentary then it assumes you will not be active during the rest of the day. It calculates what you've burned so far, and estimates your BMR for the rest of the day.

So on the app where it says x,yzk calories left - if Fitbit shows 0 food logged, this is what it thinks you will burn today total. If that is not enough in your opinion, you know you need to move more to burn more.

If you've logged food and Fitbit is only 'reading' part of your food day, just do the math. If it says you have 1461 in and you're 149 then you need to move more to earn an extra 149 calories beyond BMR.

I ignore the line where Fitbit shows 1461 in/542 out You are Overbudget. As I prelog my meals, and Fitbit does not understand that. Its saying that as of RIGHT NOW I've eaten 1461 & only burned 542 and so I'm out of balance. But in reality its 9:23am and that includes lunch & dinner. And of course I'll burn calories throughout the day from basic activity, and plan to run tonight...

So set your Fitbit to sedentary, and just understand what the #s on the Fitbit app mean.