Exercise calories??

Options
My question is today n some other days I have apparently burnt 2,800 calories through exercise. Should I be eating some of this back?? Am I eating enough to fuel my body? I don't want it thinking its not getting enough food so store my intake as fat.... Does that make sense...

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What leads you to believe you burned 2800 exercise calories?
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Do what is best for your body. If you are feeling super hungry and want a snack then eat something. If you aren't hungry feeling then don't eat. If in a couple weeks you find you aren't losing and are stuck then try eating back some of your exercise calories. There is no one size fits all, what works for some won't work for others.
  • compgeek812
    compgeek812 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    What leads you to believe you burned 2800 exercise calories?

I'm with Knight, that number seems awfully high
  • seanifex
    seanifex Posts: 4
    Options
    Burning 2800 calories a day!?!? Do you wake up in the morning and sprint for 10 hours straight or something!?!? But seriously I wanna know where you got that number from
  • compgeek812
    compgeek812 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sudden realization, are you using some kind of activity tracker that you wear all day which is telling you what your total burned calories in a 24hr period are including your BMR? So if it is tracking your heart rate all day and your BMR is 2600 and you take a walk worth 200 cals it spits out 2800 for the day?
  • Aniwani32
    Aniwani32 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I swim laps 4 2 hours most days. That's just what Mfp said I've burnt. I didn't work it out myself. I haven't eaten any of my excerise yet, just thought I would ask.
  • donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    500-1,500 calorie range. Google "calories burned swimming" and you will find a calculator.
  • Aniwani32
    Options
    For 120mins it said 1568, suppose its a bit more realistic. I wondered....
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    First; I always under estimate the calories I burn from exercise.
    Second; I always only eat back half my exercise calories.

It lets me eat more, but not too much more, and I still lose weight. It works for me.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How hard are you swimming? My kids would log that for about 7000 meters (4.5 miles) of hard swimming in 2 hours in a mix of all 4 strokes. (280 lengths short course) (the 1568 I mean)
  • Aniwani32
    Options
    I only do freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke. Can't do butterfly no more, my back won't let me. I use to swim as a kid. Max I only get 3 kms in. Busy busy. :).
    Like I said, I know it can't be right, and I haven't gone over my goal or eaten any ofy exercise. Just wondering if I need to be eating more. Swimming always makes me so hungry after, n I have been getting tired a lot.