can't consume 1600 calories

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I pray to god to have this problem on a cut. All I need is the month before summer!!!

Yes, I need this problem in my life lol
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Is saving up the deficit during the week and then going hard in the weekend a valid option. Eat as much of a hot dog stuffed Doritos crust BBQ meat lovers with double topping. Job done?

This is actually pretty interesting. If you tend to have a huge meal once or twice a week, can use the "saved" calories for that
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Are you a newbie? Make the most of it! Don't eat below 1200 calories a day but appreciate it and the weight loss because chances are is that it won't stay that way!
  • kaviles1976
    kaviles1976 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat lean protien..low fat. And yes I obviously had no.problem consuming 1600 before watching my intake and not giving it a second thought. Maybe I'm just too cautious now and need to add a "normal" meal in. It's difficult because I work very long days. Thanks for those who left constructive advice :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Nutbutters.
    Ice cream.
    Cheese.
    Chocolate.
    Fudge.
    Carrot cake.
    Banana cake/bread.
    Nuts.
    Raisins.
    Milk.
    Cream.
    Oils.

All play a part in my dietary intake whilst eating at a deficit, including heavy cuts.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ICECREAM!!!!

Also, eat fat!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Nothing nuts can't fix! They're portable, easy to munch on whenever the urge hits, and are rich in calories. Alternatively, save your extra calories for a higher calorie meal you've been craving like another poster mentioned. I go with weekly calories so I can promise you, you will still lose.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    How is your weight loss going? If you're not losing consistently with<1600, then yoe eating more than you think.
  • ausf
    ausf Posts: 51
    Options
    I wish i had your problem... i can find plenty to eat and still want more to eat.
    Me too:(
  • kaviles1976
    Options
    Just afraid of gaining
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It's probably a mental thing. You can eat more than 1600 calories or you wouldn't be here trying to lose weight.

7 months ago, that was me. Mentally couldn't do it but then once I snapped out of it, I realized I could eat that and probably more (and did) and still lost.

If you truly feel you can't eat it; you may be overeating and not realize you are.

I know it's hard to think about, but if you're here trying to lose weight; you can eat 1600 calories.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I eat lean protien..low fat. And yes I obviously had no.problem consuming 1600 before watching my intake and not giving it a second thought. Maybe I'm just too cautious now and need to add a "normal" meal in. It's difficult because I work very long days. Thanks for those who left constructive advice :)

It's true that the "cleaner" I eat and the more thought I put into meal planning, I get a lot more food and 1600 seems like a lot, but then I go to the freezer and grab some Ben & Jerry's and/or Talenti and ~300 calories is gone like that.
  • jesseh376
    jesseh376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    nutella
    xD Best response ever, there's always room for it.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Let me sing you the song of my people:

https://www.talentigelato.com/our-products/

So long as you're getting in good, nutrient-dense foods, there's no reason why you cannot have ice cream, peanut butter, whatever you love, to make up the rest.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    MFP gives me 1600 calories and I can't seem to consume all of them. I am aggravated daily with it telling me I need to eat more...what do i do?
    Add oil (like olive oil) or calorie dense foods like avocados to your intake.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • pamvms
    pamvms Posts: 1
    Options

Try adjusting your "activity level" in your profile. It may not suit your life style.
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    nutella

This!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    pamvms wrote: »

Try adjusting your "activity level" in your profile. It may not suit your life style.

lolzzzz

• kaviles1976
    Options
    How do i adjust it?
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    No point eating more if you're satisfied and happy.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Is saving up the deficit during the week and then going hard in the weekend a valid option. Eat as much of a hot dog stuffed Doritos crust BBQ meat lovers with double topping. Job done?

I see someone has to resort to extremes as an example.

Extreme example or just a suggestion? Like the OP can have her version of a higher calorie meal - maybe a decadent visit to a restaurant - once or twice a week to make up the difference