favorite and least favorite children's show?

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
what are your fave an least fave childrens tv shows?

my favorite is Arthur. that show cracks me up

Sid the science kid is my least favorite , i dont think there is anything more stupid in television history

i also hate Barney but it seems to have a pacifiying effect on my daughter so i tolerate it

Replies

• mrsjcmyles
    mrsjcmyles Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand Yo Gabba Gabba with a passion! I still love Tom & Jerry. As for more modern cartoons, I'll go with the Penguins of Madagascar.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My least favorite is probably Wow Wow Wubbzy. It's irritating and all the characters sound like girls, even the boys.

My favorite right now is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse because my daughter learns so much from it. Once she's older I'll probably have her watching the PBS Kids shows again, she loved Sid the Science Kid before we had satellite.

My son adores Ni-Hao Kai-Lan, he's only 1 but it's obvious he has a huge crush on Kai-Lan! My daughter's favorite is definitely Yo Gabba Gabba.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    i have not liked Yo Gabba Gabba since its inception...however my babies love those stupid ugly monsters...

I do NOT like Ni Hao Ki Lan...That little Lion that throws the temper tantrums influenced my 5 year old..

oh wait...my favorite...and my babies like it too...SESAME STREET! Can't go wrong...
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love watching the Backyardigans with my kids-I think I know every song by heart! I can't stand Yo Gabba Gabba, but still let them watch it. Spongebob and Barney have been banned in our house.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    HATE:
    Barney!
    That purple dinosaur has GOT to go!!! That's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I never bought any of the dvds, and rarely, if ever, let my kids watch it. Thankfully it wasn't a big draw for them.

LOVE:
    The Wiggles - have every dvd, I think
    Spongebob
    and now, Power Rangers - totally campy!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Loved Kim Possible and Phineas and Ferb (both from Disney, but I don't think they are making any new ones yet). They are for a bit older kids - school age and up.

My kids currently love PBS's Fetch with Ruff Ruff Man (and it seems they are learning things - they keep talking about the different parts of the brain, lol). Again, more for school age than preschool kids. My boys are also Mythbuster junkies, although that's not geared to kids, but not bad for their age.

We HATE the new Spiderman cartoon!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Sid the Science Kid:))

I really do not like Elmo....his voice annoys me....too bad my daughter LOVES him and wants to watch her Elmo tapes ALL the time AND has an elmo phone AND Elmo doll (That TALK!!) I have Elmo nightmares of Elmos chasing me AHHHHHHH!!!!
  • Jb8885
    Jb8885 Posts: 126
    Options
    Defintly least favorite is The Upside Down Show...those 2 british guys are seriously on some kind of drugs lol..and Yo Gabba Gabba. Whats with that guys outfit and they say the same over and over and over again!
    Favorite would probably be spongebob or penguins of madagascar...theyre pretty funny lol
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! How could I forget!

HATE:
    Yo Gabba Gabba - banned from this house!

LOVE:
    Phineas and Ferb - they CRACK me up! My kids have gotten bored with them already, but I still like it.
  • SweetCharity
    Options
    I loved Kim Possible too! I also love Phineas & Ferb - I watch it every day. I don't have kids, I just like the show :)
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    HEY MAN! I LOVE SID THE SCIENCE KID! It's very educational...pfffffffff.

Favorite is Caillou, least favorite....maybe Dora. Or Max and Ruby, where the hell are their parents? Why is Ruby such a little B word? Sesame Street really bothers me as well.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Faves:
    Phineas & Ferb. Daughter adores Perry. Married to a scientist so I can't help but LMAO at Doofenshmirtz.
    Yo Gabba Gabba. Biz Markie's Beat of the Day? How can you not like that?
    My kidlet loves Little Einsteins and Imagination Movers ... as well as Sid the Science Kid (sorry OP!)

Rather gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons:
    Max & Ruby. I'd like to make Ruby into soup.
    Dirt Girl World. Freaks me the f out.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I will go waaaay back to when I was a kid. I loved Gilligan's Island. My kids loved Barney. He taught them good stuff, so I liked Barney, too. My youngest child loved Dora the Explorer. THAT show is ANNOYING! :laugh:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Now my favorite "kids shows" when I was little...Ren & Stimpy, Ed, Edd, and Eddy; Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Rocket Power, Scooby Doo, AHHH! Real Monsters, Doug, The Angry Beavers, Spongebob, and one of my favorite shows to this date (I have seen every episode multiple times) Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i used to love watching spongebob back in the 00's and rocket power and hey arnold... ahh good times.... also when i was a chubby little mofo lol well, not that chubby but still...
  • stephstrege
    stephstrege Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My Fav: Lazy Town, no longer on TV but we have the DVD'S and my 3 yo LOVES that show, and she thinks it's great that my name is Stephanie like the character on there.

Least Fav: Max and Ruby for sure!!! What happened to there parents!!!!!!!????? LOL.

My 1 yo loves everything on Sprout and my 3 yo loves everything on Nick Jr.
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    I almost-shamelessly own every DVD of Invader Zim.

Sailer Moon, anyone? :smokin:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My 2 yr old daughter ABSOLUTELY LOVES Spongebob...sings the theme song too, right down to the nose flute at the end....I like that she likes it, but I can only tolerate it so long...maybe I'm just old :ohwell: but I :heart: :heart: :heart: iCarly! She also sings that theme song too! My daughter will be 3 in August, so singing theme songs to shows at that age is pretty good :bigsmile:
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Currently in our house:

BANNED
    New Sesame Street
    Dora / Diego
    Barney
    Ni Hao Kai Lan
    Wonder Pets

ADORED
    Sesame Street Old School
    Kipper
    Blues Clues
    Thomas the Tank Engine (NOT ANIMATED)
    Pingu

I will not watch Elmo. I do not allow it in the house at all. Elmo is seriously all the horrifying habits we try to raise OUT of our children all rolled up into one muppet. Barney is just annoying. These are the television "rules" that follow us. My son is not allowed to watch the "hate" shows, as if he watches them with others, he will have a fit when he finds he can't watch them here. o.o;; When we're visiting, he also loves pretty much anything on Sprout. ^_^

Oooh! And for coincidence-factor, my son will also turn three in August. ^_^
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Adore: Dora, Backyardigans and Wonder Pets. These are my Hannah bug's favorites :heart: Also - as rotten as she is, Olivia happens to be my fave. I don't let her watch it often, bc Olivia is a little obnoxious, but I find myself singing the theme song often. I know, I'm a dork.

Despise: Yo Gabba Gabba and Barney Dancing *kitten* and giant gay dinosaurs don't do it in my house. :huh: