what running watch?

Options
Ive got my eye on the Garmin 110 and was thinking of asking for it for my birthday. Tracks your pace and distance by GPS and has a built in HRM.

Do you have one, and if so, what is it, and would you recommend it?

Replies

• FatDoctor
    FatDoctor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use my Android Sony Ericsson X10i and runkeeper.com for tracking of mine exercise and used calories (can be paired with polar heart rate monitor via Bluetooth). Superb! Cant get better!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F7 HRM but it doesn't do GPS, I use Runkeeper to track GPS and such and then HRM for the rest.
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My hubby & I have a garmin 205 with HRM (tho I use a separate HRM) & the watch is great. It measures distance, pace etc so is a really handy tool so would imagine the 110 would be similar. Garmin products do tend to be good. Don't use ours all the time as tend to go out with my phone in my back key pocket so use app on that! Shoulduse the watch more really as could look at it as going along!! Hope u get ur gift & it helps!! Looking at ur speeds so far u may get even faster with it!! :0)
  • MrsChristinaG
    Options
    I have an app on my garminfone that does the same thing! its AWESOME!!!!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i dont take my phone running, and i find plotting my route online boring, and am not convinced its all accurate, so really like the idea of GPS tracking, and a HRM would be interesting
  • jjhenry5
    jjhenry5 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin 305, which is an older model these days, but you can get them for a decent price. It's quite large, but has great features and I can use it on my bike too.

The 110 looks pretty good.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405, but I will be ditching it as soon as the 610 become available (next month perhaps).
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 405. It comes with a HRM, although I've never used it. I just operate under the assumption that my heart is beating, until I get an indication otherwise :wink: