ugh food and life

Options
iam a freakin carb-a-holic lmao .. im in love with tuna .. pizza and veggies .. but bread is my weakness .. when im at work ibring my own food .. hit the gym about 4-5 days a week .. not too much cause idont wanna go for a good 2 weeks then stop for 2 weeks like inormally do .. my goal is to join the air force this year is what ireally wanna do .. BUT eating healthy aint cheap and iball on a budget lol .. and idont have support with nutrition because people eat everything around me that iknow in not supposed to have so what do ido .. lol.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    so.
    is there a question in that at all we can help you with? or were you just venting?
  • FashionQueen86
    FashionQueen86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes are a big kryptonite for me. When I pass them at Wal-Mart, I have to fight to keep away, and usually I'm very good at that. I was about to have a simple thin crust small pepperoni pizza the other day, but did my research and saw that just one slice was a little over 300 calories. My Daily calorie bank couldn't afford that.

Temptation is a pain in the butt when your taste buds are on fire.
  • marieitouch98
    Options
    kind of both .. like .. idrink water from my 24oz blender bottle .. about 2-3 a day .. i have a lot of energy and working out isnt the problem its the food .. how can ihave my fav foods and still lose weight .. what about protein .. eating before vs after a workout .. what is considered a small meal .. can ieat chips in salsa lol .. im not trying to be a fitness guru like people on instagram .. im trying to make weight for military and be healthy.
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    I try to get my protein in, in the morning. I make a cup of egg whites, which gives me 50grams of protein (or so the nutrition label said). I'm not sure if that's a lot, but it definitely gives me half my daily intake of protein. I also drink out of a 24oz cup, which makes it easier for me to consume more water.

I think what you can do is try to fit just one junk food in a day and not all at once. Also, if you're working out, you know you also continue to still burn calories even after. So, you probably can have a little more .
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Okay- just a heads up tip. Some grammar and proper sentence structure will go a long way to getting you some answers because currently your posts are difficult to read.
    how can I have my favorite foods and still lose weight

calorie deficit = weight loss.
    Check out If It Fits Your Macros (google it)
    what about protein
    what about it?
    You need it. You should eat it.
    It helps maintain muscle mass while you're losing body fat.
    eating before vs after a workout
    user's choice. I prefer a small snack- some people prefer completely fasted. It's totally up to you and your style of work and what's comfortable for you.
    what is considered a small meal
    completely irrelevant.
    can I eat chips in salsa

honestly I wouldn't eat chips in salsa- that sounds like they would get soggy and make a huge mess- but sure if you want. I prefer chips AND salsa.

But why would you not? are you allergic to chips?
    Are you allergic to salsa?
    no? then eat them, just eat them in moderation.
    I'm not trying to be a fitness guru like people on instagram
    good to know- I'll write that down for future use.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Step one, get used to logging all your foods. Use the proportion of macros that MFP sets for you, and get used to looking at the macro chart every day. Are you eating enough protein? That chart will tell you.

Instead of trying to ban all the foods you love, I am betting they are all OK for you. You might need to add more vegetables and protein. Eggs are a great cheap source of protein and they can be made many different ways. Peanut butter too but you have to watch how much (a tablespoon is a serving). Chicken thighs are cheaper than chicken breasts and if you prepare them at home they are cheaper than take-out and prepared foods. You may buy frozen vegetables and prepare them to have with the regular meal you have with your family.

26 foods you should learn to cook...
  • marieitouch98
    Options
    thank you @fashionqueen an @jgnatca‌ .. iaporeciate it .. hopefully yall can be my "go to" people lol .. my internet supoort systems lol.
  • FashionQueen86
    Options
    no prob!