I ran a 15k

Options
taracm01
taracm01 Posts: 7 Member
Over the last 14 months I lost 55 pounds and became a long distance runner. I ran my first 15k last weekend. I have tried weight watchers and other diets in the past and was able to loose but I would loose interest and would be hungry all the time. This time I used the my fitness pal app on my phone. The app made it easy to track what I was eating. I also cut way back on added sugars and found that I could be full on a lot less calories this way. It also changed my taste buds. I now can drink a cup of regular coffee and before I started I loved drinking white mochas. I still allow myself those types of drinks occasionally. I enjoy them more now since I am not drinking them all the time. I now love exercising and I no longer see it as a chore. It is the time in my day that I look forward too. I knew what it meant to make a lifestyle change but it wasn't until the last year that I was able to make it happen. uun34cjcdl2b.jpg
xm77rkfmj157.jpg

Replies

• davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bradfico
    bradfico Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kudos...great transition
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    WOW, you are awesome!! And you look awesome too!
  • BAsInBevin
    BAsInBevin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is an inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others! It's also proof that hard work pays off. Congratulations on reaching your goals! I'm off to eat a salad.... (lmao)
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Total inspiration! Great job and thank you for sharing!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    congrats...beware though running is addictive before you know it you will be doing a half marathon.
  • arpank
    arpank Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Great job! Beware...I thought I would stop at a 5k....I just finished a full marathon. Crossing that finish line really gets into your head and you want more. :D
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • taracm01
    taracm01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am for sure addicted to running and participating in races. I'm registered for a dirty dash and I'm researching which half marathon I want to train for.
  • eldyn90
    eldyn90 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the long distance crew! Best on earth!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Great job! Beware...I thought I would stop at a 5k....I just finished a full marathon. Crossing that finish line really gets into your head and you want more. :D

Me too :D I'll run my fourth marathon in two weeks. To the OP - I love posts like yours! I'm so sick and tired of the anti running crew who bash running every chance they get. The fact is it isn't bad for you and it doesn't shorten your life. The truth is it gives you confidence, helps you lose weight, gives you a real sense of purpose, helps you set goals and the list goes on :D Great job!
  • twilight_dono
    twilight_dono Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your success story.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sweet! Cograts. I'm going for a 10k in two months. Thanks for sharing
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    awesome. way to go!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    great job! What a awesome day for a race huh? I live in seattle area too and this was one of the best organized races i have ever been in. and the sun was shining and the emerald city was gorgeous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!