Extra proud

Options
it's been day nine since I quit coca cola and on Saturday we had take out food and my hubby wanted a bottle of coke so I said okay but I not having any. Anyways I got thirsty and thought one glass won't hurt and it didn't I had one glass and no more after that I am sure I have nearly kicked this habit now and i am starting to feel better for it I don't get the cravings anymore. I saw that one glass a treat and didn't go back I feel so proud of my self

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Go you.
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's the way to do it...Keep it up!!
  • tperry34
    tperry34 Posts: 1
    Options
    Kicking soda is always hard. After a while it will taste nasty to you.
  • jade_c_1991
    jade_c_1991 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    [quote="tperry34;31527432" After a while it will taste nasty to you. [/quote]
    When I had a glass on Saturday it didn't taste the same taste like I was drinking pure sugar. Thanks everyone
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep at it and know that now you've conquered this vice you can conquer others or whatever obstacles face you as well.

Have you read the thread on the "general" board about soda/pop "addiction"? You may be able to offer some help there as is seems there are many people struggling with this. After reading that thread it made me glad we always had a "1 pop per day" rule for our kids when they were growing up. It never was an issue or source of contention, thankfully. And, I know as they got older and were with friends or went out that they had more than 1 per day, but I think it did help them not get dependent on it in the first place.

Anyway, just wanted to add that after seeing your profile pic. Healthy choices are important for ourselves and for setting and example for our children.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    good for you. I have eliminated soda as well but do have one occasionally usually when i go out.
  • jade_c_1991
    Options
    I never had cola when I was a child it started when I was preggers with my son and it just stayed with me and I am hoping soon I can have the occasional drink without wanting more thanks again
  • angier321
    angier321 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You did so good! Keep up the good work!
  • jade_c_1991
    Options
    :) Thanks everyone you have all been super supportive