Plateau

Options
I have been tracking my calories for 2 months now and have stayed the same.weird,but my clothes feel good and some feel a little loose,im doing cardio 5-6 days a week and weight training 5 days with bodyspace.im taking in just at 1200 calories or not even 1200.how do I break this plateau??help?!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    open your diary

whats your age, weight, height? how are you estimating your calories burned. How accurately do you log, are you using a foodscale?

With a 12 lbs goal you will not lose very fast, and it sounds like you are losing inches, it might be worth just focusing on that for the time being and worrying less about the number on the scale, after all it is just a number. What you feel like it what really matters.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you aren't losing, you're probably eating more than you think and need to tighten up your logging. Can you open your diary?
  • MelanieBallantino
    MelanieBallantino Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss will be very slow with only 12 pounds to loose. Loosing just half a pound a week would be good progress. You are getting healthier so you are making progress!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If your clothes are fitting more loosely, then you're making progress. Are you being very diligent with sticking to your nutritional goals? How intensely are you exercising? When you are in a plateau, you need to shock the system to get things moving again. You can try a zig zag diet. I've seen that work for people.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are losing fat and gaining muscle if you are weight training 5 days a week.

I know it's hard not to rely on the numbers you see on the scales, but sounds to me like you are doing just fine! 1200 cals sounds low, especially as you exercise so much. You might even want to eat more cals on the days you exercise heavy. I do high cal and low cal days - keeps my metabolism from stalling.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • shreddedtrooper
    shreddedtrooper Posts: 107 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP:
    without diary viewing all this is simply just educated guessing. :) But, agree and concur with above, 1200 seems a bit low for that much activity level.

Suggest finding correct TDEE for yourself, use multiple calculators online and find a good happy medium, yes it'll likely be over 1200

Keep this in mind as well, this is something I seem to keep on writing on posts however is largely applicable.
    "Guessing as to how much protein, carbohydrates, and dietary fat you're consuming means you'll ultimately be guessing as to how your results will turn out" -Credit NCFitness

So, with that being said, if you find after some time that your results have plateaued as you have described, consider another look at intake and adjust accordingly. You may find that volume is drastically increased and your body will awaken etc. Variables etc. Once you start eliminating each one all that is left is pure results and knowledge.

Best of luck in your weight loss, you got this. You can break that plateau, when you cannot..try something new :)