Tea counting as water?

Options
I am using the Herbalife Tea Concentrate- with 16oz of water. Can I count that as part of my water intake?

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't log water but for all practical purposes, coffee and tea are water.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Herbal Life is in the tea game now? Is that new?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I would count it. What reason would there be not to?
  • staciehudson13
    staciehudson13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I am not sure when it was added. I started earlier this month.. I am using the Raspberry flavor. Its really good. It helps boost metabolism. If you have further questions please send me a message and I can let you know additional information
  • staciehudson13
    Options
    I don't drink much water so I am trying to in other ways.. If I was able to count it as tea I could push myself to drink more.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have no questions. I eat a healthy, balance diet and don't need these type of products. Just didn't know they were in the tea business. Tea does not boost metabolism. Metabolisms don't need boosting.
  • staciehudson13
    Options
    correct tea in itself doesn't.. That's great your eating healthy.. That's my goal is to learn ways to change my eating habits into healthier options.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes. Well it is water with stuff in it.
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I myself don't count anything with caffeine in it as water. Different people obviously do different.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Does the packet include nutritional information? If it's close to zero, it's like tea. It's water/liquid.
  • lindseyyjoee
    lindseyyjoee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can count it as water. I mix mine with an entire bottle, rather than just the 8oz. Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    it's pure brilliance im so jealous
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Caffeine free tea I would count as water. Anything with caffeine such as black teas, coffee etc are a diuretic, therefore don't give the same benefits to the body.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Caffeine free tea I would count as water. Anything with caffeine such as black teas, coffee etc are a diuretic, therefore don't give the same benefits to the body.

Yes. This is what I believe as well. I don't think regular tea and coffee are anything at ALL like water and should not be counted as such.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Yes. This is what I believe as well. I don't think regular tea and coffee are anything at ALL like water and should not be counted as such.

This is incorrect. Coffee and tea hydrate just the same as water.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21450118
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15467100
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea (fruit herbal tea, no caffeine) instead of plain water because I think the tap water where I live tastes awful. Works just fine.