is it impossible to lose 35lbs in 4 months?

Options
Help me lose 35lbs in 4 months! Let motivate each other and getthose bikini bodies!!

Replies

• asm2014
    asm2014 Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    it can be.. if you're losing 2ish-2.5 lbs a week?? depends on your starting weight too, i hear as you near your goal weight, it's hard to lose weight.. good luck!! i hope you hit that goal!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It seems a tad bit unrealistic - almost 9 lbs a month. If you are only 35lbs overweight you should be aiming for 1 - 1.5 lbs a week MAX, which is about 4-6 lbs a month. That said...if you lose 20 -24 lbs instead of 35 would it be a fail? Nooooo. It would be awesome.
  • chanslerryan93
    Options
    My cousin has lost 50 pounds in two months sounds unbelievable but she did. Eating healthy smaller proportions and exercising 3 to 4 times a week. And I've been dieting for three weeks I've lost 15 pounds and exercise twice a week. I think it's possible. You can do it :smile:
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    it depends how much u have to lose. if u have 100+ lbs to lose its totally doable. if u have only 35 it would be tough. just remember like wizzybeth said if u don't lose as fast as u hope but are still losing then ur doing great! any progress is progress and better than when u started! i have less than 30 to lose and i average 1.5lbs per week. thats working out daily and always staying within my calorie range. im hoping to lose it all by the end of july
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So far, I've lost 22 lbs and it's been a couple of days over 2 months. I believe it is possible, with a lot of work and dedication. Good luck!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    since thats all you have to lose its going to be pretty tough, unless you are happy to starve yourself and work out like crazy....

you should be working at about 1lb/week loss rate
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you care if the weight you lose is fat compared to lost lean body mass.
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    8lbs per month of fat is about the maximum you can lose at a healthy rate. If you are obese, maybe a tad more. You will lose a significant amount of lean body mass going any lower than that.

So to answer your question....yes, it's possible, but consider what you are actually losing. It is not all going to be fat.

You most likely didn't put in on in 4 months. Going to take time to get it off.