Advocare life style change and need friends on same path

Options
Hi! I'm Lorraine and I am 236.9 pounds now. I was 250lbs 2 weeks ago. Gone all natural mostly and whole grains before lunch while doing Advocare Challenge. I'm a teacher, mother of two and recently have started meditating and trying to heal.

Replies

• mkmartin990
    mkmartin990 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am a mother of 3 and I'm just finishing up a 24-day challenge. It's hard finding the time and getting the kids to like the new life style. How is the meditating? I've recently discovered Yoga and weight training. I have about 47 more lbs to lose, lost 7 in 3 weeks.

Gotta say tho, I have never had anything turn my mind and body around like the Advocare system.
  • LunaticGypsy
    Options
    Advocare sounds very promising. I hope I can do it. I just started the 24 Day Challenge today at 204.7 lbs. The booklet doesn't give much advice as far as food recommendations. More info would be great. Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy snacks?
  • karendlaughlin
    Options
    I'm with u. Not much info. Day one here
  • smathews32
    smathews32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your snacks should be fruit and a healthy fat... I do cuties and peanut butter. You can do the following for fats:
    Peanut or almond butter
    Nuts:almonds cashews walnuts seeds no salt or sugar
    Avocado
    Olive oil
    Egg yolks
    I did Body for Life about 10 years ago and if you look on their website it shows a lot more meal options that will help you. They do have meal ideas on the advocare Champion maker website.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I Just finished day two of the 24 day challenge. I have a great "coach" who is always there to answer questions. Its pretty easy to follow eating wise. A serving of protein (usually 3-5 oz) each meal & veggie and complex carb once or twice a day. I have a food scale, but generally a serving is about the size of a fist. Fryuts & veggies are great for snacks! Im doing well, but for some reason I get jittery after dinner when I take the omegaplex. Good luck to everyone doing the challenge!
  • rrsuthy
    rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I saw a couple of posts from people who said they had to stay near a bathroom for the first week or so. Is this true for you?
  • levens2010
    Options
    What is this advocare everyone's talking about? New here and lost lol
  • eilea73
    eilea73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Advocare! I started "slow" in December by trying a 10-day challenge w/Advocare. I lost 8 lbs and 11 1/2 inches. I did it again (not taking the herbal cleanse pills because of the 90 day waiting period) about a month later and lost 11 lbs and 8 inches. I've never felt better or more motivated.

I'm now on Day 2 of the 24-day challenge and going strong. I can't wait to see my results! My friends saw my results and they are doing it with me this time!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I just read 130 complaints asking Advocare for a refund.... Zero refunds have been issued. Sounds about right for another MLM. I would strongly suggest that before anyone buys into this ....do your research.
  • korishka
    korishka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOVEEE Advocare! I became a distributor last year, my health has improved tremendously!
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    I started 24day challenge in January and I lost 17 pound! I have a lot to lose so I guess it's comming off fast in the beginning:) now I continue taking my mns and spark and eating healthy and I lost 10 more since than. me and my husband are both doing it and we feel great. We became distributors and we both love it so much:) my goal is to lose 60 pound to end of this year. I have two little girls and I have more energy to play soccer with them or ride bikes than I ever had before. I can't wait for this summer and all the stuff I hopefully will be able to do with them:) I also quit drinking coffee(my big addiction) and I don't feel a need for afternoon nap lol. This did change my life for sure:)
  • Maria_Everett
    Options
    rrsuthy wrote: »
    I saw a couple of posts from people who said they had to stay near a bathroom for the first week or so. Is this true for you?

I did the cleanse and I didn't have that problem. I'm a teacher and I was afraid of it too but all was good and I didn't have to stay in the bathroom all day lol morning visit was enough for me to take care of business lol
  • skuhn2913
    Options
    Any tips for getting through the cleanse stage of the 24-day challenge? I started this morning and was not able to keep all of the fiber drink down :/. I've seen amazing results with friends, so I know it works. Just want to know if anyone has any tips for how to handle the fiber drink.