Jersey Girl ready to take on the world

Options
Hi there! I'm here to start a concerted effort to be a fitter healthier person with more energy. After long hours and craft service while working in film, and then moving to a more desk-centric job running a film wardrobe house I stepped up on the scale and realized I was overweight and unhealthy. I'm here to take responsibility for my life and get back into *kitten* kicking shape! I'm tired of being tired!

I'm looking to establish a support system online, since it seems that in the industry I work people are either starving themselves or binging!

I'd love a few friends on here.

Today is going to be my first gym day since I graduated college in 2009. (Though I've done some running in between.)

Yikes! Here goes nothing!

Replies

• sweat2live
    sweat2live Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome! Motivation and support is definitely a great starting point for your fitness journey. Feel free to check out my profile and if you'd like to use me for support, send me a friend request.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Starving yourself is retarded. Because the next time you eat your body will store everything, and you might end up eating muscle away.

A side from that HAI ! =) Awesome to hear that your going to the Gym dont overtrain yourself at the start just take it nice and slow and maintain good form during your exercise's. Seeing you trained before you probly already know that but it doesnt hurt to hear it one more time right ^^

Best of luck on your weightloss journey, and feel free to add me.
  • sheritwin
    sheritwin Posts: 3
    Options
    I am also new here. I am a 40 year old woman who has taken care of herself my whole life ,, eating well and exercising a lot ! I started a business 3 years ago and exercise and healthy eating habits took second place to my new career. Wow, I woke up and found myself 20 lbs heavier ,, and a bit depress and well, juicy LOL. I don't like feeling juicy, I like feeling fit. Today is my new day and even though I still sporadically exercise, I have to commit to exercise and healthy eating again ,, 20 lbs can turn to 30 and then to 50 if I am not careful. Though I would try this and see if it can motivate me ;) Thanks for listening.