Howdy From Texas

Options
Hi everyone! I actually joined MFP a few months ago, but have only recently started using it when I realized that I had put on 20 lbs in an 8 month period (yikes!). I had always been pretty slender, but after a sudden break up with my boyfriend of five years back in September, and an incredibly stressful student teaching semester I suddenly found myself with, uh, unwanted 'baggage.' It's since been a struggle to not indulge, and after not being able to workout for a few months (hip injury from a car accident), I'm finally trying to get back on track. I could certainly use the support though! I feel like I fall off the wagon every other day, and realized that if I'm going to do this right I need the support of others. I look forward to cheering you all on as well :)

Replies

• mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hey, from a fellow texan, Good Luck!!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Corpus Christi
  • nbferry87
    nbferry87 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks! :smile: I'm from Big D
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hello from Austin!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I grew up in Texas (Dallas, Austin & Harlingen). Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • Macmommac
    Macmommac Posts: 14
    Options
    Howdy from down here in the Houston area! Good luck on your journey!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm actually living in New Mexico but Texas (Denton/Dallas) born! Texan for life! (My husband hates it! LOL) Feel free to add me! :happy:
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    Hey girl!! from Brownwood, TX (central) best of luck to you, and feel free to add. I can always use encouragement as well. I had put on 25 pounds in about 7 months. so, I am right there with you.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I live in Austin! :)
  • nbferry87
    nbferry87 Posts: 4
    Options
    Oh my goodness you all are amazing! Thank you so much! Please feel free to add me too!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Temple area here. Good luck! Add me if you wish
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Livin in Illinois now but born in Austin and still have a ton of family there! Add me if ya like :) we can all use support...
  • autbot74
    autbot74 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello from Houston!
  • Dancinblind
    Dancinblind Posts: 26
    Options
    Hello from Sugarland!!

Welcome aboard.... feel free to add me if you want :O) It helps to be surrounded by supportive people. It's no easy journey, but worth every step!!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    I'm no cowboy from Texas, I'm from the Netherlands .... well we do have loads of cows for what that is worth ^^

Annyway best of luck on weightloss !
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So perhaps a Dutch cowboy? ;p

Greetings from A-Town here! I hear you on the rapid weightloss thing. It's almost like we just open the flood-gates for a while because we just don't have the willpower to put towards it.
    But you're here now and in my few days on this site, it's seeming great :)
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey there from AUSTIN!!:flowerforyou:
  • djamador
    djamador Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey from just outside of Houston!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another Austinite wishing you well on your journey.
  • alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Howdy from Aggieland/College Station!