C25K

Options
I'm interested in doing this but I like to exercise in the comfort of my own home.....is it feasible to do this by jogging on the spot in my living room???

Replies

• justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would burn as much as actually being out there and running but I don't see why you couldn't do marching for walking and running on the spot but if I were you I would get out there and go for it, I was 200lbs+ when I first started and I think it'd be much more satisfying for you!! If you just want to do it from home, there's probably more interesting things you can do exercise video wise.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I know there is a treadmill version if you have a treadmill. I am doing it outside with a friend (we are starting Sunday).
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but I think it would get old after a while, and I also think it would hinder the actual building up of mileage and knowing how far you are going.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    If your goal is to eventually run an actual 5k then it won't work. Standing in place will not train you - it's a lot harder when you have to propel your body forward. You can do it if you choose, but just know that actual running will be much harder.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It would be much more beneficial to you on several levels to go outside and run. I'm sure you could do it in place at home, but you'll be burning a LOT less calories and missing out on a GREAT experience. I just started it this week and I don't care what ppl think or if I'm big... I let the music take me and I enjoy every second of it!
  • hayleyxxwxx
    hayleyxxwxx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Maybe its time to dig out those fitness dvd's instead then :) Thanks for the advice
  • KristiGuard
    KristiGuard Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am in my 2nd week of C25K. I don't know that it would work well in the house. You could try the treadmill version, as mentioned, or maybe just walk/run in your backyard.