Breasts After Weight Loss- Sagging

Options
So, I've always had large breasts, however I gained over 50 pounds and my breasts got much bigger than their norm. I am now in the midst of losing the weight that I put on (I've lost 28 lbs!) and I am beginning to see the after math of this transformation. My breasts are beginning to sag and I have excess skin. I'm sure any woman who has put on weight and then lost it has gone through this..

My question is, what can I do?! How can I 're-firm' my breasts, how can I get rid of the sagginess and excess skin due to weight loss? I don't want to have surgery. Is there any way to get your breasts back, so to say, after weight loss?

Replies

• skittles0108
    skittles0108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job losing 28 lbs, that's amazing! Sadly, it is a hard fact that the extra skin will sag after weight loss. Without surgery, you could try toning up the muscles behind the breast to perk them up, push ups are great pectoral builders. Also, I would make sure to wear a sports bra to bed, at least while you're still losing weight to keep them tight against you at all times while you continue to lose weight. This helped me a lot when I lost baby weight on my stomach and breasts.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    great job on the loss! Loose skin is generally genetics, but you're young, so it should tighten back up a bit. Start lifting!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Also, depending on your age and skin type, there's a chance they'll bounce back a bit on their own. You're young, so your chances are higher.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Time may help. I also noticed when I hit the very low end of my healthy weight, the girls started perking up a bit more. A great motivation to get back there again. The less gravity has to work with, the better in my case.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I've had friends who have lost weight and initially looked very saggy (much older than you) and after a month or so, skin tightened up...I think there's a chance that they will bounce back a bit. However...gravity, age, weight, all of those things cause everything to sag a bit eventually!
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Muscle toning seems to be the magic word. I asked a plastic surgeon about the all-day-bra-wearing-idea and he told me that this brings almost no to no effect. Make sure to wear a good sports bra while exercising and even it is an expensive fun to buy a new daily bra as soon as the older one is too slack... He also told me to massage in a skin oil to keep the skin smooth and to do hot and cold showers.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes, a lot of woman go through this. Totally normal. There really is no way to "re-firm," though it is possible that your skin isn't done tightening up as much as it will (it can take a while, I have heard a year or more but don't quote me on it because I'm not sure.) After that though your skin is what it is. Like Skittles said you can try to build up muscle to lift and try and fill in some of the sag. Other than that they kinda are what they are. A good under wire is your friend. If your weight loss was recent though, give it time, you are quite young still so your skin could tighten quite a bit more over a years time.

Congrats on the weight loss!
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    From what I have read, your skin may continue to get tighter as long as year after weight loss. So you might see some positive changes with time.
  • Elleposh119
    Elleposh119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm 22, so I hope that my breasts will bounce back. I've read before about doing exercises to tone the pectoral muscles and how this can perk them back up, as you guys suggested. However, I've seen two sides to this, one side says that doing these won't help, and the other says that doing them will help.

I just want to get my skin's elasticity back and get rid of this excess skin, do you all think that firming cream or any type of cream might help with that?
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm 22, so I hope that my breasts will bounce back. I've read before about doing exercises to tone the pectoral muscles and how this can perk them back up, as you guys suggested. However, I've seen two sides to this, one side says that doing these won't help, and the other says that doing them will help.

I just want to get my skin's elasticity back and get rid of this excess skin, do you all think that firming cream or any type of cream might help with that?

Strengthening the peck may or may not bring you the lift you are looking for, it certainly wont hurt though and it will improve your strength and health either way, so I say do it up! Creams also wont hurt, I don't think there have been any creams that have been truly proven effective though so you might want to save your money.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    One thing that I see a lot of people discuss is skin brushing, exfoliating and moisturizing. It can also take time for your skin to catch up with your weight loss.
  • Elleposh119
    Options
    lastspen wrote: »
    One thing that I see a lot of people discuss is skin brushing, exfoliating and moisturizing. It can also take time for your skin to catch up with your weight loss.

What is skin brushing?
  • deemarie12
    Options
    Hi, I dont have any great advice. But I've lost 55# since last January and while I'm so excited about feeling better. But now that I'm at my healthy weight I'm so much more disappointed with the outcome. I have rolls of skin hanging from my butt, my bottom belly and breast. While I am considering surgical assistance, I also have begun hardcore weight training and toning and I can definatly see the muscle building under the skin. So my hopes is that if I continue this may help my butt at the very least. I've also been trying oils and Palmers. I'm also thinking about trying those hair, skin and nails vitamins. I figure it can't hurt. But I definatley feel your pain. Just gotta keep working at it. Good job!!!
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others are saying. With a little time and some weight training, the sagging will improve a little, but your girls will probably never go back to looking like they once did. If it makes you feel better, I did undergo a full breast lift about 2 1/2 years ago. The surgery was fairly easy to recover from and there is no sagging at all now.
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    When I got my weight down I was gutted at how my boobs looked I just thought all this work and these are what I'm left with.

I had to just deal with it I made sure I had good bras (which were at least pretty and not boulder holders) and this is how it's been for about the last 6 months, well only the other day I noticed they had a different look about them, they had a nice round pertness to them I hadn't seen for a long time, even text hubby to say they were looking good that day, I'm 42 so there is hope for you in your 20's.
  • Elleposh119
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Is there any way to get your breasts back, so to say, after weight loss?

Yes. Get the surgery you don't want to have. And if you find a way to make this possible without the surgery, post the before and after pics as proof. And make sure and patent the solution to this dilemma. Pre-book your cruise around the world on the Queen Mary and make sure to reserve the luxury suites. And while you're cruising, check out some private islands in the Mediterranean because you'll be able to buy one. You'll be a multi billionaire.

Errrr... Alrighty then..
  • Azathera
    Azathera Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Breasts are fat with muscles behind. You can tone up the muscles but you can't tell the fat to go only in your boobs. You just have to wait and see if nature will do something for you, otherwise you will just have to learn how to cope with it.

Now, I have a tip from my grandma :)))) alternate hot and cold showers on them. It exercise your skin's elasticity, forcing it to contact and expand. An elastic skin will shrink easier. Or so she says :)
  • Elleposh119
    Options
    Thanks guys, and congrats to everyone on their weight loss.

I think that there's a difference between big, huge breasts and saggy breasts. Women see fake big breasts and think that that is what big breasts are supposed to look like, thus we think our natural large breasts are saggy and we blow it out of proportion. I think that this may be part of my problem, but I DO know that they are saggier than I'd like for them to be and they do have an excess amount of skin.
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sorry that I took so long to respond.
    Here's a link for skin brushing. http://www.livestrong.com/article/290552-skin-brushing-and-weight-loss/
    I've been doing it occasionally but I'm going to be more consistent. You should also be sure to moisturize, take your vitamins and drink plenty of water.