Guys fitness/gym apparel?

Options
Ok so I am in need of some new gym clothes specifically shirts......as I am currently wearing just old t-shirts. Is there anything out there that you guys where specifically for working out or dose everyone just do the same thing and where normal t-shirts/cutoffs?

Replies

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I just wear cheap plain black t-shirts, usually cost between £1.50-£2.50. No need for anything fancy!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i wear workout clothing. stuff designed to wick off the sweat and keep you cool. i stopped wearing old cotton shirts a while ago. they absorb too much sweat and never really get clean.

and i prefer pants at the gym, even when it's warm out. i like these nike track pants that have zippered pockets, and they're really thin.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Normally I wear old competition shirts.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I just wear any type of tshirt I feel like. I prefer regular cotton tshirts to the dry fit type stuff but I honestly just wear whatever as long as it isn't too baggy.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I prefer moisture wicking clothing that helps you feel cool for shirts, shorts and even underwear (boxer briefs advised for shorts in a gym).
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I wear the cheapest, crappiest clothes that I own when I train. They are going to get sweat, chalk, blood, dirt, etc.. all over them and will likely get torn so why wear anything nice?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I wear tech shirts. REI has a decent sale going down right now on their house brand which is pretty good to go.

upper body days, and cardio, and oly session, I'll wear regular shorts. Lower body days for backsquats or deads, I'll wear UA compression shorts, and some lululemon knee length shorts because they slide out of the way of my knee easily, and are less distracting.

eta - tech shirts are a must, because with the amount I sweat, my nipples get tore up something fierce.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I just wear old t-shirts and basketball shorts. The only workout clothing I'll drop money on is shoes.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Strike shorts and gi I'll pay for but unless it's gi
    day it's whatever I scrounge up that smells like laundry detergent.
  • charlesmauch
    charlesmauch Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lower Body Days: I wear ratty cotton T's or muscle shirts. I get pretty sweaty and the fancy wicking fabric tends to cause the barbell to slide around a bit on my back when there is a lot of weight there. Switching to cotton helped a bit. Sweat shorts are super cheap and stretchy and don't get in the way when I'm struggling lockout a deadlift and pull the barbell up my thighs. I also wear cheap flat-soled walmart converse knock-off's ($8.00 at walmart). They're horrible for anything else and look cheap. Perfect for squatting and deadlifting though.

Upper Body Days: Something light and wicking for top. Normal shorts or even sweatpants for bottom. I typically just wear a cheap pair of tennis shoes.

I buy all my gym clothes either at walmart on the rack (super cheap) or used at goodwill. No reason to buy anything spendy unless you need something special like compression clothing.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    always wear under armour boxers no matter what I'm doing.. running shorts or tights and anything sleeveless .. if i ever do join a gym ill have to learn to keep the shirts on though ..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I second the wicking stuff ....and I like to cover up my shaved dome with a skullie but that is just me...

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    My brother is a fan of Old Navy. My BF pretty much wears all the free shirts we get from fitness expos. They are gym goers so they don't need any fancy stuff. The BF does prefer Nike basketball shorts. As with my own stuff there are sales at Old Navy. Marshalls and TJ Maxx has a good selections of men's fitness apparel.