losing weight but still wanting to keep the curves?

Options
would love to meet some other ladies who are Wanting to 'down size' but still keep the curves... I love love love my big butt and smaller waist, so being 5'1" I am not looking to go below 135. Any other ladies out there wanting to keep those awesome curves?

Replies

• PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you and that's my goal, too. I like what I got, just want to lose a bit more and tone up. Feel free to add me!
  • ditch_doctor8503
    Options
    I'm agree with you both. I love my "assets" just need a few more pounds gone and some toning. Mainly now it's changing my bad eating habits. Please feel free to add me. I'm new so any support is greatly appreciated!
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd like to gain curves actually. My waist is fat which ruins the hourglass effect for me. Luckily unlike a lot of middle heavy ladies I don't have a flat butt. lol
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Struggling with a tummy isn't ever fun! I am having a b#*%^ of a time getting rid of my mommy tummy after my last c-section :(
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well, I had curves when I was young and skinnier than I'd want to be at my current age, so I don't have any reason to believe I won't have curves if I lose weight now.

And as a poster above noted, extra fat just takes away from the curves by making my waist bigger.
  • Farm_Girl_Strong
    Farm_Girl_Strong Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Very true! I just met a new friend about three weeks ago and my hubby made a comment about my butt, so I looked at her and said 'I have a great *kitten*... It's just camouflaged by back and tummy fat right now!'
  • GPHX_GEEK
    GPHX_GEEK Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Here's what I learned about keeping curves. It's all about working out. Yeah, seriously, it's that simple. In the past, I've lost weight through diet only and surprise surprise, every time I "lost" my hips and hated it. This time (started 5 months ago) I have actually managed to keep it all in proportion and all I had to do was incorporate toning exercises and strength training into my workouts. It's not so much about the number on the scale for me as much as it is about the shape of my body.
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have the same goal (keeping curves I mean), I'm not going under 130lbs but I'm focusing more on where I feel my best, 130lbs is just a target so I don't lose track but I'm focusing more on measurements. I only have 6-7" difference between waist and hips/bust so I'm hoping weight loss will emphasize it, I have pretty nice legs/butt just need shaping up a little more, I'm worried about losing the thickness there though.
    Hate my waist/belly though, too big
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That is my height and current goal as well. : ]
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of the tummy has been an issue with me for years. I actually started using the gold's gym waist slimmer while doing cardio, and I seriously notice a difference! Sweating like crazy from your tummy area makes you kill more fat cells! :) Obviously, along with a healthy diet, and I drink at least 12 glasses of water a day (aka I pee a lot)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dannatona wrote: »
    Getting rid of the tummy has been an issue with me for years. I actually started using the gold's gym waist slimmer while doing cardio, and I seriously notice a difference! Sweating like crazy from your tummy area makes you kill more fat cells! :) Obviously, along with a healthy diet, and I drink at least 12 glasses of water a day (aka I pee a lot)

Oh my! No, this is wrong. Sweat does not kill fat cells. It just means your body is trying to cool itself.
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love my curves and lifting weights is how I have been able to keep them. I would not be to happy to loose my booty!
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Oh my! No, this is wrong. Sweat does not kill fat cells. It just means your body is trying to cool itself.

Sorry, should have also included in my reply that I'm not a certified trainer or dietitian or anything like that.

sweat-is-fat-crying.jpg
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've struggled with the same situation for the past 2 years! What really has helped me keep my curves & tighten the waist are both counting macros & a combo of cardio/lifting weights.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weight training

I've got different curves now, after losing near on 50lb

My boobs have gone down to a D cup and my hips have shrunk...I'm not as Jessica Rabbit as I once was but weights help
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

Sorry, should have also included in my reply that I'm not a certified trainer or dietitian or anything like that.

sweat-is-fat-crying.jpg

I hate it when the fat cells in my armpit cry.

stop-sweating1.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

Um, no. You never "kill fat cells". You always have the same number of fat cells. They just increase in size (calorie surplus) or decrease in size (calorie deficit).

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    unfortunatly for me one of the first things to go is my boobs. whatever i can wear padded bras lol! but i seriously work on squats so i wont also loose my butt! my goal is also 135 but im 5'4
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Um, no. You never "kill fat cells". You always have the same number of fat cells. They just increase in size (calorie surplus) or decrease in size (calorie deficit).

I don't think this is correct either. You can create new fat cells if you continually eat at a surplus.
  • badgalmari
    badgalmari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm mostly doing weight training and a little cardio to keep my curves. Anyone feel free to add me.