Lunch Help!!

For whatever reason, Lunch is with out a doubt my biggest struggle. I get so bored so quickly. For a long while I was doing salads, which were fantastic...then I hit the wall. Next, I did turkey wraps, which again worked great...but got boring quickly. Do you guys have any suggestions? I am looking for something that I can prepare ahead of time, and just take with me. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    leftovers from dinners? That way you don't have the same thing day after day after day - I'd get sick of that too. You can intentionally make extra when you're making dinner, with the next day's lunch in mind. If you have a husband like mine who will hoover in the excess, put your lunch portion aside before you bring dinner to the table / plate it.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    That is a fantastic idea, I will try to do that more...I laughed because my husband totally eats what ever is leftover!! haha...I will have to be on top of putting some aside!!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Sometimes when I make dinner I'll go ahead and set aside a portion for a lunch. The key then is remembering to take it in the morning!

I tend to get into ruts, then get tired of stuff too. Which is fine for me. Like I will do PB&J for a while then won't eat PB&J for 3 months. I often do a sandwich of some sort for lunch - can keep bread, etc. at the office. And there is a grocery store close by - I'll either head over there (walk depending on weather) and throw together a side salad. Keep dressing in the office - I don't mind paying $5.99/pound for a fresh salad but then I apply my own dressing. This week is roast beef & cheddar. And I keep a packet of tuna on hand - so can always mix it up a little.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Sometimes when I make dinner I'll go ahead and set aside a portion for a lunch. The key then is remembering to take it in the morning!

Word, we have had forgetting issues too, on numerous occasions. There's definitely a learning curve associated with it; I have found that if I leave the car keys in the fridge on top of lunch it's much less likely to be forgotten (but there's much greater likelihood of a frantic search for the keys, too)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Try doing different things every day instead of the same thing every day until you get bored with it.

I usually just bring leftovers so that doesn't get boring.

This week I made salsa chicken with chopped sweet pepper, onion, and black beans. I eat that and then add some avocado. Yum. (At least I think so)

I've also made chicken salad wraps with avocado instead of mayo. (The idea was from some person on this forum) and froze them. So if I don't have leftovers I grab one of those.

Also I made a batch of ham and beans a while back and froze individual portions. I did the same with chili. Those are there for me to grab as well.