Vegan/Vegetarian

Options
amandanilo
amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
Hi there!

I'm Amanda. I've been using MFP for a couple years, but as you can see, I tend to take year long breaks.

I'm working on my weight loss again. I started Shakeology 2 weeks ago in addition to their 21 Day fix program. It's all about portion control and eating unprocessed foods, which is helping a lot.

I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years. I started eating fish around 5 years ago. I rarely eat fish, but I would still consider myself to be pescetarian. I'm trying to cutout dairy, though. I might have yogurt for protein, but not a huge dairy person to begin with.

My goal for this post is to find new MFP friends that live the vegan lifestyle so I can see what they eat throughout the day. This would help me find more things to eat without feeling "bored". I have lentils and beans every day for protein, but I really want to see what other true vegans eat.

I know beans and lentils are high in carbs, too. Just want more suggestions!

I'd love to find more vegan friends! Add me!

Replies

• veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've been away for quite a while due to finishing grad school and starting a new job (for which I commute 2 hours a day).

I'm finally getting back into my stride (at least somewhat!) and getting back into logging. I have never opened my diary, but I suppose I could for friends, if you're interested. It tends to be pretty boring, though. I tend to eat very similar things. It's the only way I have found to maintain consistency in logging, with my work schedule. Plus, it doesn't really bother me to eat leftovers several days for lunch/dinner. You're welcome to friend me and look, if you like, but it may not be very inspiring!

Also, there are veg*n groups on here - like Happy Herbivore. You might want to join to find more friends.
  • CaiPa175
    CaiPa175 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, transitioning to vegan. I won't be much help as I don't log on here (I'm old school and use pen and paper) but I am trying to find that healthy balanced lifestyle and lose the weight.
  • rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegan, but I do use a vegan protein. I recommend trying it if you're looking for a good protein supplement.

Sun warrior-warrior blend.
  • aphroditise
    aphroditise Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I like the idea of making vegetable based dishes to help add more fruit and veggies to my diet. I love trying making vegan dishes but sugar is my weakness. I'd love to get tips from this thread about different plant based protein :)
  • amandanilo
    amandanilo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    CaiPa175 wrote: »
    I'm a vegetarian, transitioning to vegan. I won't be much help as I don't log on here (I'm old school and use pen and paper) but I am trying to find that healthy balanced lifestyle and lose the weight.

That's ok! I haven't used this in a while. It's easy, but I always forget to track here!
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been vegan for a few months now and I'm really enjoying the benefits :) Feel free to friend me, I have my diary open if you want to look x
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm vegetarian but would love to transition to full vegan in time. Will be following this post.

• Veg2Run
    Veg2Run Posts: 2
    Options
    Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw - A little bit of each for me...
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    amandanilo wrote: »
    Hi there!

I'm Amanda. I've been using MFP for a couple years, but as you can see, I tend to take year long breaks.

I'm working on my weight loss again. I started Shakeology 2 weeks ago in addition to their 21 Day fix program. It's all about portion control and eating unprocessed foods, which is helping a lot.

I've been a vegetarian for about 15 years. I started eating fish around 5 years ago. I rarely eat fish, but I would still consider myself to be pescetarian. I'm trying to cutout dairy, though. I might have yogurt for protein, but not a huge dairy person to begin with.

My goal for this post is to find new MFP friends that live the vegan lifestyle so I can see what they eat throughout the day. This would help me find more things to eat without feeling "bored". I have lentils and beans every day for protein, but I really want to see what other true vegans eat.

I know beans and lentils are high in carbs, too. Just want more suggestions!

I'd love to find more vegan friends! Add me!

I am a vegetarian (no meat or fish). Due to dietary issues I do follow vegan blogs and get recipes for my lunches and snacks.

Check out oh she glows website. It has a lot of vegan recipes and they turn out pretty good.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    rez2012 wrote: »
    I'm not a vegan, but I do use a vegan protein. I recommend trying it if you're looking for a good protein supplement.

Sun warrior-warrior blend.

I've heard good things about Sun Warrior from a vegan friend. Has anyone tried the neutral flavor rather than the sweet ones? I'm looking for something to add to savory dishes. Thanks!