How do you track HIIT?

Options
for the life of me I just can't figure out what to categorize HIIT under. I've been entering it as circuit training but I don't think that's right. Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• DorotaS
    DorotaS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually create my own for tracking that sort of stuff. Do you have a heart rate monitor or anything? I'll usually just create my own exercise, type in HIIT, then add the length of time and calories burned.
  • HestiaMoon1
    HestiaMoon1 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    When I do HIIT in biking or running or swimming, I put X minutes easy pace and Y minutes hard pace.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I enter circuit training for HIIT. Its better to under estimate the calories you've burned than to over estimate.
  • sanrapar
    sanrapar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dorota I don't have a monitor but it's something I've been thinking about getting. That way all of my tracking would be more accurate.
  • sanrapar
    Options
    Asher, ok. Good to know that I'm not totally off base in using circuit training. It's funny though, that there is no category for HIIT or bootcamp, etc
  • sanrapar
    Options
    Hestiamoon1 so you use running or biking for HIIT, and just track different intensity levels!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    sanrapar wrote: »
    Asher, ok. Good to know that I'm not totally off base in using circuit training. It's funny though, that there is no category for HIIT or bootcamp, etc

I agree. I feel like HIIT and boot camps are way more popular than circuit training.