New here!

Options
I am a night shift ER RN, right there I am at a disadvantage due to poor habits!! I quit smoking about 10 years ago and put on nearly 50 pounds. After waddling around for nearly a decade I decided it is time to change. I have been lifting weights for an hour or so in the morning 5 days a week for about a year. I have only lost around 8 lbs, but my BMI has decreased nearly 10%. I started going to Crossfit for an hour in the afternoon on my days off a few weeks ago, so hopefully the cardio will help with the fat loss. I like the muscle mass I have added, but I am hoping that starting to have a better controlled diet will help shape me a bit better.

Replies

• kulso0om
    kulso0om Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    how do you find cross fit? i've always been curious to try but i'm scared to as i'm not in the best shape
  • ernurse167
    ernurse167 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It sucks! LOL To be honest, anyone that can do basic movements can do Crossfit. I am far from in the best shape myself, but I plug away every day. Everyone there started out of shape. Most places will require you to take a series of training classes for beginners before you start with the main group. That is a great place to find out your limits and how much you can do. When you do the actual workouts, they are almost all done to time, not number of reps. For example you will have 10 minutes to do 4 exercises as many times as you can, rather than a requirement that you complete a set number of reps.

I dread going every day, but I always feel like I did something great when I leave.