I fell off track and I cannot seem to find the rails!

Options
I was doing fantastic with losing weight and managing my diabetes back in September/October. Then came the holidays...I fell off track miserably, have gained back almost all of the weight I'd previously lost and on top of that, I cannot seem to get back on track no matter how badly I want to.

The thing is that when I'm doing it, I am fully committed and I leave, sleep, breathe and live for my healthier lifestyle, and in fact I feel fantastic when I'm living healthier. Why is it so hard to get back to that though?

Another problem I've recently been facing is that I am finding all sorts of meats to be less and less appealing and so I have been considering going completely vegetarian...but that opens up a whole new list of difficulties...

Basically I just need some advice on how to get back on track and things like that...I need to so bad.

Replies

• bluebeelandscapes
    Options
    beckye93. Do not give in now. You have worked to hard to throw it all away. So you are plateauing! Don't worry about it!! I am also plateauing right now and sometimes I feel like I do want to give up and then I think, "you don't get to the top of the mountain by accident." And that helps.
    As far as your vegetarianism goes, it is not an obstacle. I am completely vegan and I have no trouble maintaining good nutrition. By eliminating meat you are eliminating unhealthy fats. You can get far healthier fats and protein from many other sources such as beans and soy. Use your decision to go vegetarian to spark new motivation in yourself and strengthen your resolve!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    The desire is half the battle. Don't overthink it, just start logging. I went vegetarian in November 2014 and I'm enjoying it a lot. Get some cookbooks at the library and choose a couple new dishes to make - it can be a fun adventure. Spaghetti squash is awesome, hardly any calories too! Roasted vegetables = fantastic. I kept seafood, so I enjoy that as a protein source. You can definitely get back to your "healthy living" - give yourself that gift.
  • Jesusisalltheworldtome
    Options
    Hang in there Beckye93. I have been with MFP since 2012. I have had many ups and downs, but I just keep going. I too gained weigh over the holidays,but I know with God's help I will get it off again. Always set reasonable goals for yourself. I always tell myself , I didn't put the weight on overnight, It will take a while, but it will be worth it in the end. You will feel better mentally and physically. I always say," Eat healthy and exercise and you never have to diet." Portion control is very important as well.
  • donnakolb
    donnakolb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained weight over the holidays too. I'm getting back on track and would like to be a support buddy.