fitness buddies

Options
hey all,

back when I started a while ago I was geared up for the exercise and liked doing it, however more recently I'm really finding it hard to keep doing it these days...so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites or forums or whatever where I can find people in my local area (milton keynes, buckinghamshire) who I could meet up with to go walking/jogging/swimming/gymming/whatever

cheers
bob

Replies

• bwann
    bwann Posts: 2
    Options
    Try meetup.org Great website where folks can post various groups that meet and this includes walkers, runners, swimmers, tennis...you name it! Great idea to search people out. Good luck!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    You can ask here if there is anyone in your city that would like to exercise with you.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I found it motivating to do a organised event. I entered to do a 8km walk and then had something to work towards. Did it last weeekend, it was a challenge for me but I did it. Am now going to enter for a 13km event you can walk or run I will walk. 12 weeks to train for it.. Maybe look for something like this.
  • hairy_bob
    hairy_bob Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions, I did put my area on here but I'll see about maybe starting a new thread actually asking if theres anyone about