What keeps you moving towards your fitness goal?

Options
For me it's striving to be as happy as I used to be when I did figure bodybuilding. I want that confidence back!

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    To look good naked. Seriously. I want to enjoy looking at my naked body in the mirror.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Seeing results and wanting to see more. I can't wait to get back to the gym and push myself harder
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    seeing results definitely helps!!!! and xcalygrl, i agree, i would love to be comfortable with how i look naked!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,203 Member
    Options
    I really want to ride a century (100 miles in one day) by the end of April.
  • ffallings
    ffallings Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Seeing results and striving dor that feeling when everything looked good on me and I wasn't mortified at swimsuit season rolling around. The extra energy. Most of all knowing that I am setting a good example for my children to strive to be healthy, fit, eat well, and exercise.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    running my first 100 mile trail race with friends then maybe a 200 miler, then who knows?
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    At first it was because I had many rolls of fat and I hated the way they looked. I did not look good in clothes, I felt terrible, out of breath walking up stairs etc. I started running, then quit, then started again, then quit, then started again and said I am never quitting again. It is too hard to get to a good point, then quit and have to start all over again. Well, I lost 20 pounds since June and kept it off at the holidays but starting in January, I started really working out at the gym and running three days a week. It was then that I started to see the pounds drop and now I have lost over 27# and I am now starting to look and feel better. It is hard when you don't see the results but when they show up, out of the blue one day, it is the best feeling ever. Yesterday, I had three compliments on how I looked and it really helps to motivate you! Good luck in your weight loss adventure!
  • mountain01
    mountain01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just to be heathly, I don't want to be 50 and not be able to achieve my goals of hiking long distance trails, dying due to heart failure or other illness and also to look good naked.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My results are my motivation. By results, I mean: cycling is easier, I can run almost a mile non-stop, I feel more comfortable in my skin. I used to judge all results by the scale, but there's so much more to go by.

I also want to prove to myself that I can do this and I'm not destined to be "the big girl" forever.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    At first it was because I had many rolls of fat and I hated the way they looked. I did not look good in clothes, I felt terrible, out of breath walking up stairs etc. I started running, then quit, then started again, then quit, then started again and said I am never quitting again. It is too hard to get to a good point, then quit and have to start all over again. Well, I lost 20 pounds since June and kept it off at the holidays but starting in January, I started really working out at the gym and running three days a week. It was then that I started to see the pounds drop and now I have lost over 27# and I am now starting to look and feel better. It is hard when you don't see the results but when they show up, out of the blue one day, it is the best feeling ever. Yesterday, I had three compliments on how I looked and it really helps to motivate you! Good luck in your weight loss adventure!

Wow that's really inspiring because I definitely have done the start and stop game! This time I'm in it for good though. Thank you and good luck to you too
  • BeaBizzy
    BeaBizzy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like shopping for new clothes and dropping from a 16 to 14 initially felt great. Now I want to go shopping for size 12 but need to drop a few more inches. I also need to clear up some cholesterol issues. I like walking a lot and have had fun challenging my self to more and more on my elliptical.
  • SkinnyGirlFatBody
    SkinnyGirlFatBody Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have the obvious motivation, wanting to be healthy and feel good. But I have a few things in my life that are really pushing me to get where I want to go.

1.) Sex. I miss my smaller body because the sex was even better. I may be having great sex now but it's so much easier to do a few things when you don't have extra weight to move around as well.

2.) I am finally finishing my degree this summer and I have my thesis project presentation in August with a beach vacation planned right after with my boyfriend. I want to be able to find a gorgeous dress to wear to my grad show and I want to be able to wear a bathing suit confidently.

Yes these are mostly vain things to keep me going. But if I don't have something exciting to look forward to the weight loss itself doesn't seem that exciting.
  • drpit4me
    drpit4me Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have tried numerous times to stick to a plan to exercise and eat healthy, but after a couple of weeks I just fall right back into my old habits. I guess the problem is that I get discouraged when I don't see results regardless of what I'm doing. I need to lose 100 lbs and I've just started on my journey again to try to stick to a plan. I'd love any advice from any one who has encounted obstacles in reaching their weight loss goal but were able to overcome and achieve success. Thanks everyone! I'm trying really hard to do this.
  • May_Rose
    May_Rose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The mirror, mostly. I'm even more motivated when I start seeing positive changes from all the hard work I've put in...and that keeps me moving forward.
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was really fit up to my mid-30's. I climbed mountains, routinely did 10k trail runs and could ride a Century on a whim. Then life, war and anxiety disorders caught up to me. Now I'm just a 46 year old dude who is 60 pounds overweight.

One possible future for me is my Dad. Heart problems, high blood pressure and type II diabetes. For today I have chosen otherwise.

My focal point is my process. I get up at 5:15 to go to the gym 5 days a week. I eat carefully. I track my food, body composition and exercise stats to both make sure I'm not going too hard or going too easy.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    landfish wrote: »
    I was really fit up to my mid-30's. I climbed mountains, routinely did 10k trail runs and could ride a Century on a whim. Then life, war and anxiety disorders caught up to me. Now I'm just a 46 year old dude who is 60 pounds overweight.

One possible future for me is my Dad. Heart problems, high blood pressure and type II diabetes. For today I have chosen otherwise.

My focal point is my process. I get up at 5:15 to go to the gym 5 days a week. I eat carefully. I track my food, body composition and exercise stats to both make sure I'm not going too hard or going too easy.

Your determination is inspiring!!!! Keep it up & good luck
  • landfish
    landfish Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My 22 year old son (who is fit in ways only 22 year Marines can be) has said he can totally see me being the weirdly fit, wiry old guy.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Wow. You're my twin. Very similar life story and now I'm also just a 46 year old dude who was 70 pounds over weight. I've dropped 38 so far, but I need to drop 30 more.
  • kjerome101
    Options
    Thanks. My 22 year old son (who is fit in ways only 22 year Marines can be) has said he can totally see me being the weirdly fit, wiry old guy.

Haha that would be an awesome goal to strive towards
  • jenniferplatter
    jenniferplatter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Seeing results/changes in my body. And I feel better. And haters. I think everyone here has experienced haters, and it may be petty, but it gives me extra inspiration when I work out.