I am ready to Stop Mindless Eating!

Options
I am ashamed to admit that 90% of what I eat that is unhealthy for me is done while eating either in my car or where I feel I need to hide it. I can not possibly be eating for nutrition or because I am hungry, I hardly even taste what I am eating...I eat it way too fast. So why do I do it? I do not know. That is my mission for this journey. To stop this mindless eating that only seems to make me comfortably numb. I am going to start to make conscious choices, take my time to enjoy my food, and stay present when I eat. I hope this journey will lead me to a healthier lifestyle...one day at a time. My goal- to lose 50 pounds.

Replies

• sbruce1989
    sbruce1989 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I am on a similar journey but would like to loose 100 pounds. In early 2014 I had lost 30 pounds then found out we were pregnant with #2 and #3 (twins). Kids are 4.5 and 9 months and I'm done looking and feeling unhealthy.
  • CliMarie
    CliMarie Posts: 7
    Options
    I totally relate to you. I eat quite well during the day. Then the evening comes and I can't seem to stop myself. Everything I know I shouldn't eat, and wouldn't eat in front of others. But once I'm behind closed doors.....the mindless eating of all the wrong foods begins. I ate 3 chocolate bars this evening, despite not being hungry. Just because they were there....and why were they there, because I went out and bought them "incase I fancied a little bit of chocolate"!!!
  • josji
    josji Posts: 1
    Options
    I can relate! I also do well during the day and as soon as I am alone....I eat till I am uncomfortably full. It is difficult and I have tried many times to lose weight and I always sabotage myself! This time I am determined to meet my goal! My goal is to lose 30 lbs and I started yesterday! I wish you great success in meeting your goal! I look forward to hearing about your results!
  • Tearie84
    Tearie84 Posts: 10
    Options
    You can do it keep pushing forward
  • kim70fl
    kim70fl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is helpful to know that I am not the only one on this journey. When we hide what we eat, it is so easy to pretend it didn't happen! Then, of corse, there's always a tomorrow to make up for it. Let's make every bite a conscious one! Be present!