dentist

Options
i'm going to a new dentist next week and im so scared!! i haven't been in a while and i've always hated it and now im really nervous!

Replies

• loseit65
    loseit65 Posts: 47
    Options
    dont be nervous! I work for a Dentist and alot of are patients are phobic, the noise, the smell. But, our patients are awesome! They actually enjoy coming to see us every 6mths!! Good Luck and have fun! Getting your teeth clean is the best feeling!
    Kim :)
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am a retired Denal asst. You will be fine dentistry has come a long way. Just be sure you express your fears with the staff they should make it easier for you. There are so many new precidures now that are not as avasive and faster to make your visit nice. Gas is one of them oral sedation. Most offices try to help in any way. And make sure if you do have some problems take them slow and one thing at a time. Or ask for Iv sedation and do everything at once. Just be assured that it is some much easier at this day and age. :flowerforyou:
  • JeanineLaymon1970
    JeanineLaymon1970 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Make sure you communicate your fears to the dentist and staff, they have lots of ways available to ease your fear. Hang in there, get the treatments done, then go regularly! Coming from someone who knows!!!!!

Jeanine -(Been in dentistry field for 10 years and STILL a scaredy cat!!!!)