Sensa?

Options
Has anyone tried Sensa? I just saw an ad for it and was just curious about it, I called them and got a list of ingredients in it, is it safe does anyone know? Results? Reviews?
These are the ingredients that the guy from customer service told me were in it,

Malto dextrin- corn starch extract
tricalcium phosphat- anti-caking agent
silica- mineral found in plants and soil etc
natural and artificial flavors

These are the ingredients that he told me, whether or not they are all the ingredients im not sure

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am also curious about sensa, will be watching this post closely to see what others have to say.
  • bellabambina89
    Options
    what is it?
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Make smart eating choices, exercise, sleep, and drink plenty of water and you will lose weight.

That being said, the commercial was on for that while getting my nails done, it's amazing how much it can almost suck you in!! No weight loss product will work better than actual hard work and dedication though!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's a scam. the idea is, it intensifies the smell of your food, and tricks your brain into feeling satisfied with less food. The truth is, it costs a lot, and doesn't change anything.

MFP for the win!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It sounds absolutely ridiculous. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, drink lots of water and get some exercise and you'll have great results.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    There are no quick fixes. There are no miracle cures! Repeat that mantra and go drink some water!
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Sensa? I just saw an ad for it and was just curious about it, I called them and got a list of ingredients in it, is it safe does anyone know? Results? Reviews?
    These are the ingredients that the guy from customer service told me were in it,

Malto dextrin- corn starch extract
    tricalcium phosphat- anti-caking agent
    silica- mineral found in plants and soil etc
    natural and artificial flavors

These are the ingredients that he told me, whether or not they are all the ingredients im not sure

i was told to stay away from anything with malto dextrin.
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My husband fell for one of their ads. He ordered the "free" product, fully intending to get his money back if he didn't see results. Naturally, he forgot to cancel the next shipment (they claim that the initial stuff they send you will only work for the first month and that every month after that you MUST change to a different product in their line that is created to keep you losing weight). When it came, so did the MORE THAN $100 bill for the stuff. BTW...he didn't lose a pound. :explode:
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I tried it a long time ago when it first came out, before the massive marketing campaigns, etc. So it wasn't that expensive. I believe it is completely psychological. And that worked for me. I thought twice about eating something if I was going to have to sprinkle that stuff on it. Like, by sprinkling on it I was acknowledging that yes, I actually want to eat this. I believe the same thing can be achieved if you log your food faithfully. By putting something in your mouth you are acknowledging that it will indeed have to get searched and logged and accounted for. Sometimes that thought alone can make you stop in your tracks and realize you really don't wanna eat that. Or you do, but it's not worth the hassle.