having trouble with carbs

Options
i have a hard time getting anywhere close to my carbs for the day but I can hit my protein intake easily and sometimes fat. I'm trying to gain weight (roughly 1-2pounds a month) I also have a tough time getting all my calories in.... if anyone has advice it would be very helpful thanks

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    carbs should be the easiest one to hit….french bread, pasta, bagels, ice cream, etc..

as far as getting your calories in look to higher calorie alternatives full fat milk/cheese/yogurt/cottage cheese, cookies, steak, pork, chicken with barbecue sauce,etc, etc….

just make sure that you are hitting your macro/micro targets for the day ...
  • jesseh376
    jesseh376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    zoohockey wrote: »
    i have a hard time getting anywhere close to my carbs for the day but I can hit my protein intake easily and sometimes fat. I'm trying to gain weight (roughly 1-2pounds a month) I also have a tough time getting all my calories in.... if anyone has advice it would be very helpful thanks

I wish I had your problem, haha I can't seem to get away from carbs, anyways the two above me pretty much hit the nail on the head, I love pasta, maybe you should try some!
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    easiest way to gain is drop oatmeal and PB in a smoothie...you can jack that thing up to 600-700 calories easy. There is a post around here about exactly that (homemade weight gainer shakes).
  • JimmyTPham
    Options
    Pizza!!!!!
  • zoohockey
    zoohockey Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!