Anyone else in the world trying to reach 200lbs?

Options
I'm currently 143lbs 6ft tall and trying to put some weights on need some motivations and someone share the same goal

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    So you want to be 343 lbs? What??
  • JimmyTPham
    Options
    No just 200lbs
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Ah gotcha, nice title edit lol. That's a lot of weight to gain, you're going to put on a significant amount of fat, just be ready for that.
  • JimmyTPham
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying to not be intimidated by the weight
  • honkey_69
    honkey_69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure about the fat part.., if your like me at all the hardest thing to do will be is to gain weight but once you start seeing good results it comes. Mine has come pretty lean and I'm working my way to being somewhere around 200. I started last year at 150 and right now sit at 175 due to two sports seansons but finally back to hard lifting.
  • AJ_G
    Options
    Yea, just be patient and you'll be fine
  • Zhyr1
    Zhyr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Setting a goal weight isn't exactly something that I'd do.
    A lot of it's going to be determined by build.

A perfect example of that would be my brother and I. Same height, 20kgs(44lb) difference at the same age.

Work hard, eat right, and set realistic goals rather than aim for some number on the scales which means SFA in the scheme of things.
  • JimmyTPham
    Options
    What did you do and how long did it took you to gain that 25lbs ?
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I recommend Christian Guzman's YouTube channel. He's a "hard gainer" as he likes to call it. Went from super skinny to aesthetic as fuark via lean gains instead of straight bulking. Takes a hella long time. He always shows what he eats and what he does for training. It might help you out.

.. He also just so happens to have a crazy hot girlfriend with her own YouTube channel but that's another story.
  • rez2012
    rez2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I want to try to hit 200lbs and still be under 10%...it's hard as hell. I'm stuck at 190 and I'm struggling hitting the cal intake and macros everyday. It's just a lot of food lol.
  • B3AST_510
    B3AST_510 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey guys im scott from cali. Im 5'10 and weight 185. Im trying to get up to 200 but i really dont have a limit to where i want to be. Atm its 200lb. I sit around 8 to 11 % body fat. I want to join comps but my biggest problem is taking all the food i need in. But i eat what i can.
  • themgainsboi
    themgainsboi Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Checking in, would like to be around 200 lean around 6 foot aswell. Let's make it!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you could go for .5 pound per week gain, which would minimize fat gain, but take you a while to get to 200 pounds...but that might be the best route...slow and steady ...

are you on a structured lifting program OP?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Get ready for a long haul. I was 6'4" 145 when I was 17 and trying to gain weight. Lifted a lot of weights and downed a lot of peanut butter and protein powder - in 1988 this was like eating bricks of chalk. If you know anyone in wrestling hang with them - masters of controlling weight. Took me almost 3 years, but was at 195 and 9% body fat.
  • Reefboy1980
    Reefboy1980 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Maybe one day, my main goal was 180lbs, started at 148lbs so done pretty good, I want to sit around 180 & recomp, after that I may close in on the 200
  • vaushawn
    vaushawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good work man! On a bulk to 195, right now about the low 180s
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Last time I was under 200 was about 30 years ago and I looked like skin and bones. EAT!