Need no carbs ideas for meal after 7pm :(

Options
2»

Replies

• alijah1992
    alijah1992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs. I have been experiencing with different ways to make them and I have began to use egg whites in my recipe to further raise protein levels. I store them in a devil egg Tupperware container and grab as I would a bad snack. They are low calorie, low carb, and high protein. I also pair these with spaghetti squash and chunky vegetable sauce for a great hearty meal. If your sodium levels for the day are good, another low cal, low carb, high protein option is deli meat. Buding has pre portioned 90 cal packs. Great for grab and go ;)

Can I get your recipe? That's sounds good. alijah1992@gmail.com. Thank you.
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatballs. I have been experiencing with different ways to make them and I have began to use egg whites in my recipe to further raise protein levels. I store them in a devil egg Tupperware container and grab as I would a bad snack. They are low calorie, low carb, and high protein. I also pair these with spaghetti squash and chunky vegetable sauce for a great hearty meal. If your sodium levels for the day are good, another low cal, low carb, high protein option is deli meat. Buding has pre portioned 90 cal packs. Great for grab and go ;)

Would you mind sharing your receipe???
  • cjak239
    cjak239 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A crock pot is a make of slow cooker. I prep in the evening if I'm out early and chuck it all in, leave it on all day and I've got a healthy cooked meal when I get home.
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Baked Parmesan Tomatoes are a great snack
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    happyfit87 wrote: »
    My go-to low carb dinner is spaghetti squash, chicken sausage and marinara...SO delicious, I dont even miss the pasta. It's crazy how much squash you can have too.

I Love using spaghetti squash for substitute! so tasty
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    As others have said, carbs are not the enemy! And the time that you eat makes no difference. In fact I always, always have carbs in my evening meal and I often don't eat until gone 9pm. I still lose weight when I want to.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Shrimp? Canned tuna?
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a busy mother of two small children. When it comes to cooking I usually have to cook at least 2 different meals and cut them up into tiny pieces and incorporate more carbs for my husband who is underweight. Alot of the times I only have a minute or two to make my meal. Here's what I do to stay on track.

Cottage cheese and avocado and tomatoes with pepper.

Or cottage cheese berries and some honey.

Scrambled eggs with tomato and avocado.

White kidney bean salad ( white beans, avocado tomato onion lemon juice olive oil seasoning)

Greek yogurt berries granola

That's all I can think of right now. Obviously I have a thing for tomatoes and avocado but it is easy to shop for and I always make sure I have these things in my fridge. Also you will note that they are all high in protein so I stay full longer
  • TraceyKakes
    TraceyKakes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're in a pinch for time I do hardboiled eggs or hummus and cucumbers. But honestly I think that meal prep is the #1 way to avoid scrambling.
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    This is why I buy a good bit of meat (Chicken Breast, Turkey, etc.) and eggs. I am on high protein/high fat/low carb centered eating . These foods are staples for those looking to limit their carbs or maintain/gain muscle as well. Don't discount all carbs though. There are good and bad carbs. The kind you get from veggies are ones you'll definitely want to incorporate into your eating.

When I don't have time for meal prep I usually go with lunch meat of some kind. Just wrap a few ounces of meat around a slice of cheese (I use pepperjack) and pound down some water with it to help increase fullness. Just my advice and what has worked for me. (Assuming you have no medical reason to avoid excessive sodium, otherwise high sodium is incredibly easy to counterbalance)

It may be helpful to prepare meals a day or so in advance too, that way you don't gotta scramble around for what you want and it's already good to go, just maybe in need of a little warming up.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight it's not because you're eating after 7pm. It's because you're eating more calories than you're burning. So even if you've reached your calorie limit by 7pm, eating a no carb meal that has a good amount of calories isn't going to help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kenouriaego
    Options
    I am currently doing LCHF and plan, purchase and cook my meals ahead. For example, tonight I steamed 300g of fresh salmon fillet and 300g brocolli and cauliflower. I then halved my portions, 150g salmon and 150g brocolli and cauliflower. Half of the cooked portion I placed in a Pyrex dish which has a lock lid and put it in the fridge for tomorrow. The other half I added 150 ml double cream (40%) fat and baked till creamy. I cook fresh food every second day, just a double portion and find it much easier.
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hh07 wrote: »
    I work 8am-6pm most days, hour's commute home, in at 7pm, eat between 730-8pm including carbs. Have lost 21lbs this year.

The time of day you eat has no bearing on whether or not you will lose weight. It's all about the calorie deficit.

SAME! it's not what time you eat | it's WHAT and HOW MUCH you are eating :)
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bubbabacon wrote: »
    Crockpot is a great idea. There are many recipes you can use. You can eat complex carbs just not the simple carbs. We need carbs more than anything. :) no sugar after 3pm. :)

I'm curious as well! Why no sugar after 3pm?
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I believe the rationale behind not eating carbs late at night is that they are more likely to be converted to fat than stored as glycogen for energy. I dont know if this is really true. I know that Shaun T. from Beachbody recommends not eating carbs at night.
    As far as ideas are concerned , I will either make use of low-carb protein shakes or I will cook a vegetable fritatta ,cheese omelet with salad on the side, grilled chicken with roasted vegetables, or I'll go for Chinese and ask them to make the dish without oil or sugar.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    I believe the rationale behind not eating carbs late at night is that they are more likely to be converted to fat than stored as glycogen for energy. I dont know if this is really true. I know that Shaun T. from Beachbody recommends not eating carbs at night.
    Not true though if one stays in calorie deficit. Overeating ANYTIME of the day increases fat accumulation on the body.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• danawhitmore1
    danawhitmore1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i try not to have carbs in the evening so i would normally have a big meal around lunch time and then have salad or steamed / boiled veg with chicken for dinner. at least this si something u could also eat cold and put in a tupperware box
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    the whole no carbs after or don't eat after X time is a great check for any of the "fitness" people at the gym. Get a free session with them and ask about diet. The moment they start saying don't eat at X time because you body just turns it to fat can be ignored.

Plan your meals. Work out the calorie content of each one. Eat them when you are able to do so. So long as you don't start eating unplanned snacks it really doesn't matter.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I will most of the time eat 30% + of my daily calories after 8pm - 11pm or i go to sleep and ive lost the weight ive wanted and never worried about the late night eating thing. Its a myth.
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    japanese cold tofu, eggplant bacon, caribbean watercress salad with mango. I got ideas from the sidechef app.