two scales two weights????

Options
2»

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Your progress is the same. Who cares what the real actual number is?
  • desmondsdoll
    Options
    thats why you should use the SAME scale in the same place to measure your weight EVERY TIME. it may be inaccurate, but the loss is still real.

Totally agree with you - I found that depending on where the scales are in the room, I could gain lbs instantly so now I always use the exact same scales in the exact same spot (due a possibly slightly uneven floor) and I always weigh myself at the same time each morning after I've been to the bathroom but before I eat or drink anything at all - also avoid weighing yourself multiple times per day as your weight can fluctuate by around 4lbs during the day.
  • rebekahstrachan3
    rebekahstrachan3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Update-- so I used a 12kg kettle bell to test the scales. the analogue was -5lb off and the digital was +3lbs off. They have now been reset to the correct weights. Thank you for the idea of weighing something.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue. My doctor's old timey t-shaped move the the weight inch by inch scale said I was 5 lbs more than my digital scale at home. I'm glad I went home and weighed myself afterwards or I would've had a vey bad day! Haha
  • rebekahstrachan3
    rebekahstrachan3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how off scales can be!! I feel they really should be accurate to 2lbs.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Only weigh on one scale only ever. They are all slightly different. You don't need accuracy, just consistency. I wish people understood this very simple concept.

J5cW9p6.jpg

• MORECHABLIS2
    MORECHABLIS2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Your average home scales will not to that accurate, I've had the same thing scales at gym (home type) make me around 4lb heavier, then when I visit a friends I'm 2 lb lighter than my scales at home. Basically, I think it more important to keep to using the 'same scales', at least then you know if you are losing weight...