Halibut ideas?

Options
9Rounder
9Rounder Posts: 40 Member
Anyone have any great ideas for a halibut dinner, with a veggie and a side? Trying to stay between 500-600 calories for dinner. Thank you!

Replies

• katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Parmesan crusted, garlic and herb, lemon pepper, Cajun style, or pan fried
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Asian style with soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, fresh garlic and scallions
  • Tarajanice
    Options
    Pan seared with a red curry sauce, mashed potatoes and asparagus
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    All i said was that that bit of Halibut was good enough for Jehova!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My favorite halibut recipe: Place the halibut filets in a dish and pour the juice of one lemon over them and let them sit while you prepare the topping. For each filet take one tablespoon of olive oil mayo, one tablespoon of shredded parmesan, a half tablespoon of thinly sliced green onions, and salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste. In a 450 degree oven, bake fish for 12 minutes per inch thick of the filet. Remove fish and turn oven onto to broil. Top the fish with the mayo mixture and broil for about a minute or until golden to brown color. Serve with steamed asparagus and a fresh fruit salad.
  • GreenBayTom
    GreenBayTom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite halibut recipe: Place the halibut filets in a dish and pour the juice of one lemon over them and let them sit while you prepare the topping. For each filet take one tablespoon of olive oil mayo, one tablespoon of shredded parmesan, a half tablespoon of thinly sliced green onions, and salt/pepper/garlic powder to taste. In a 450 degree oven, bake fish for 12 minutes per inch thick of the filet. Remove fish and turn oven onto to broil. Top the fish with the mayo mixture and broil for about a minute or until golden to brown color. Serve with steamed asparagus and a fresh fruit salad.

OMG! I just tried your recipe using 1 fillet of Orange Roughy and 1 fillet of Tilapia, and it was awesome! Will be cooking this a lot. Thank you MarciBkonTrk!

• raspberryk
    raspberryk Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    All you need to do with halibut is grill it and add a squeeze of lemon, one of my fav fish!
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    For Halibut, I would grill it and have it for a cherry tomato and corn salsa. Found it in the app called sidechef.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    csman49 wrote: »
    All i said was that that bit of Halibut was good enough for Jehova!

HAHAHAHA!!! Every time we have fish for dinner, my husband says that!