Green Shake Help!!

Options
marbat
marbat Posts: 10 Member
Hi There! Need some help in some new and easy Green Shakes I want to start incorporating in my diet. I have done Spinach, bananas, frozen fruit with water but not to great.

What are some substitutions for the water to add some flavor?

Replies

• australia1620
    Options
    Almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water
  • australia1620
    Options
    Also use a mix of fresh and or frozen fruit. I find fresh fruit has more flavor, but I enjoy the consistency of the smoothie when I use frozen fruit
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Light orange juice, light cranberry juice or 15 calorie juice
  • marbat
    Options
    Thanks! Im going try it. Someone had told me about coconut milk or water. Im going try it with fresh fruit and see.
  • marbat
    Options
    Light orange juice sounds good too. Thanks !
  • reddbutterfly
    Options
    Coffee no cream no sugar. Zero cals. I use it every mornin n my
    protein shake. I brew enough coffe to put n a pitcher for the week 16oz of coffee. 140g strawberries or 140 blueberries 1scoop of whey. 1 scoop of vega protein & green and 85g of spinach and last 32g of peanut butter dont 4get the ice. Energy for bout 6 hrs. Taste good as well.
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Just eat the veggies
  • jessicasim92
    Options
    kale, dates, cinnamon, banana, walnut, almond milk and coconut water smoothie. The recipe I'm using is on sidechef app. It's called kale coconut smoothie
  • Jewf
    Jewf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Spinach, water, banana or apple, berries or other frozen fruit, low-fat yogurt. About 200 calorie breakfast.
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday and it was very yummy
    Baby spinach, granny Apple, lime, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, almond milk. Sweet and tart!
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday and it was very yummy
    Baby spinach, granny Apple, lime, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt, almond milk. Sweet and tart!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like spinach with an apple. Ginger root or celery will also flavor the whole shake (not a fan of the ginger but its strong!)
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use Frozen Strawberries, Blueberries, Cranberries then add almond milk flax seed chia seed Hemp hearts and what ever vegetables I want beets and beet greens are good
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I add a couple spoonfuls of Greek yogurt to add protein - maybe add some fresh fruit juice to help with flavor
  • CassandraLT90
    CassandraLT90 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I make a green smoothie I use coconut water, greens what ever you want, pineapple or banana for the sweetness then some other fruit that I like. Oh and I do add greek yogurt too.
  • momma3jjj
    Options
    I do 4 strawberries, handful blueberries, 1 cup kale, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and half a banana.
  • GPHX_GEEK
    GPHX_GEEK Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use tea instead of water. I also add plain greek yogurt. Oh and I freeze all my fruit so I don't "dilute" any flavor with ice. Here's an example of one of my smoothies:
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
    1 kiwi
    1/2 cup celery
    1/2 cup spinach
    1tbsp chia & flax seeds
    1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
    1-2 bags of Tazo Ginger Green tea (brewed in 3/4 cup of water, then cooled with some ice-cubes to make 1 cup)
    1tsp Truvia
  • JiveDoc
    JiveDoc Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you use spinach, banana, whatever milk you like, a chocolate protein powder or some cacao or cocoa powder, and peanut butter or PB2 you will get...a peanut butter cup shake.

TRY IT NOW.
  • ashliij
    ashliij Posts: 54
    Options
    Fresh spinach, a medium banana, milk of your choice, a tbsp of peanut butter, cinnamon, and ice. You can freeze the banana after slicing it to avoid having to add ice. I drink this pretty regularly.. be judicious with the spinach and throw a ton in there! I usually use about three large handfuls of farm fresh spinach (so the stems are included).
  • deborahralston627
    Options
    marbat wrote: »
    Hi There! Need some help in some new and easy Green Shakes I want to start incorporating in my diet. I have done Spinach, bananas, frozen fruit with water but not to great.

What are some substitutions for the water to add some flavor?

I add a couple tablespoons of liberte apricot yogurt and a scoop of vanilla protein powder