Student motivation!!!

Options
dreenesho
dreenesho Posts: 10
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
High school or college students (any student really) welcome! Most of the people here are adults looking for recipes or family meals but if you're a student like me then you don't have time for that. Personally I'm trying to eat healthier in general and hit the gym more. Looking for others who are new to this or pros that can motivate us! I want a bikini body for the summer asap :)

Replies

• KenHOG
    KenHOG Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student and yeah I hear ya. I'm not a pro but I have alot of experience as far working out. Macros not so much. But summer is right around the corner, lets help motivate each other toward our goals and look awesome on the beach. :smiley:
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior in college, going into a grad program very soon. My biggest suggestion is to take it slow and make sure your weight loss is sustainable.

Also, read these threads, they have helped me so much
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13
  • MizzouTigerAlum
    MizzouTigerAlum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a post for us college kids! I actually graduated in December, but I'm still living in a college town :D I'm aiming for that bikini bod as well. So tired of feeling self conscious at the Lake of the Ozarks while at bars or tanning. Let's do this girl :)
  • santacruz_minerva
    santacruz_minerva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm a senior in high school, fairly new here and would be more than happy to support and motivate everyone with their goals.
  • dreenesho
    Options
    I'm down to work with anyone! I feel the exact same way, tired of not being able to wear certain things or always thinking someone looks better than me. Time to change that!
  • akbloomfield10
    akbloomfield10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I'm a sophomore is college and I'm in the same boat !
  • dreenesho
    Options
    Awesome! Anyone with more expierence too, the advice is much appreciated! Its okay if you've graduated haha
  • dreenesho
    Options
    Just add each other and start talking :) let's make this a big supportive web of new ideas and motivation! Tell your stories here to get people moving!
  • melaniealice123
    melaniealice123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last year of university! Aiming to look really good in my graduation photos in July and for a holiday I've got booked for August haha
  • engr57
    engr57 Posts: 61
    Options
    consider me on same boat :)
  • cljenkins_92
    Options
    I am in college for my third degree...should graduate in December. It is hard to eat right exercise work almost 40 hours a week and still make time for my kids and future husband. I just try to think one day at a time and not think about how stressed and overwhelmed i am sigh...
    But we are all in this weight journey together and i am blessed to not be over 232 pounds any more. Hope i can at minimum maintain 180 range but goal is 130 range.
  • dreenesho
    Options
    Success stories are powerful! Just the right thing to keep us looking at our goals.. Like sexy graduation dresses!!! Or suits lol
  • FrancisCV7
    FrancisCV7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    dreenesho wrote: »
    always thinking someone looks better than me. Time to change that!

That last part is one of the most important things to change, well rather, that mindset. Remember, everyone is built differently and each individual achieves results at a different rate. Coming from someone who's achieved weight loss through less-than-healthy-methods, and then subsequently regained the weight, I know the struggle. You've already set your goal of eating healthier and getting to the gym more. Now, the next step is to focus on yourself, block out the negative thoughts and maintaining your dedication.

You can do this! :)
  • kkruchten1
    Options
    Hardest part for me is the drinking everyone partakes in on the weekend- those calories add up fast!!

I have heard and tried some good methods that seem to help. For starters, i could drink near a case of beer everytime i went out at my heaviest. Thats over 2,000 calories. I switched to vodka with cranberry juice rather than pop, and i see the difference in the morning when i wake up, as im not bloated and round!

Monitoring what you eat before/during you going out helps as well!
  • _kirstenireland
    _kirstenireland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Piled on a load of wait when started uni a year and a half ago, lost a lot of that now and looking to lose a little bit more and tone up. The lifestyle change definitely took its toll on my body. Feel free to add me :)