what are good snacks

Options
Hello I am Mandy I joined 2 days ago, I have been told by the site I am not eating enough I have been eating the 3meals a day and need to eat snacks please advise me what do I eat for this...

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    nuts, cheese, higher calorie for a small amout plus protein
  • mandymostert
    Options
    For years I only had one meal a day and lived on coffee and now I am trying to diet I have loads to eat, are you sure this is right am o not going to put on more weight. Sorry it just confuses me???
  • afacetocallhome
    afacetocallhome Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    For years I only had one meal a day and lived on coffee and now I am trying to diet I have loads to eat, are you sure this is right am o not going to put on more weight. Sorry it just confuses me???

I thought this, too, but snacking the right things actually helps your metabolism. :smile: I usually snack on fruit but nuts are good, too.
  • mandymostert
    Options
    Thanks for the help o will try add these things in.
  • wingt071
    wingt071 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi mandymostert. Ive just started healtjy eating and active exercise just over a week ago and i was told to eat small more often. Feels as though all im doing is eating but afacetocallhome is correct. To keep metabolism going.
  • sapirn
    sapirn Posts: 3
    Options
    you can add yogurt/fruit/7-10 dry almonds/TS natural PB
    some of the things I like to snack:
    1 sliced banana with drizzled of Thini (thats taste awesome!)
    2 rise cakes with 1 TS of Thini and 1 TS of Silan (dates sirup) - amazing!
    Good Luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

How did that work out for you? Clearly not well because otherwise you wouldn't have excess weight to lose.

You can eat as often or as little as you like - eat all your calories in one meal or spread them out over the day - find what works for you.

MFP is set to give you achievable calorie goals (providing you set your weight loss appropriately eg only if you have over 75lb to lose should you target 2lb a week)

Plus you eat back 50% of purposeful exercise calories

You don't have to eat at any set time - if you aren't meeting your calorie goals then just increase the calorie density of your meals - add full fat cheeses, olive oil, nuts, avocados, chocolate, ice cream .. whatever you love to eat eat it to your calorie defecit

it works if you log accurately
  • LazySwine
    LazySwine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quest chips are super good for you if you want something to snack on. It's loaded with tons of protein so it's all good!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Apples and nut butters, hummus and veggies or pitas, Greek yogurt with fruit and nuts, hard boiled eggs.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is a regular afternoon snack for me. I will also have a cheese stick and some almonds. It just depends on what I've eaten for breakfast or lunch. Good luck finding what works for you!
  • fatimabotello18
    fatimabotello18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I stay away from bread, pasta, granola, milk, egg yolks,and fried foods. Do a lot of veggies,fruits, salads, grilled chicken, and Fish.Dark Chocolate Morsels as a snack. I also do Zumba. it's so much fun. Does anyone else do zumba?
  • comeongethealthyro
    comeongethealthyro Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    my favorite snacks are rice cakes w/ peanut butter, Questbars, veggies and hummus, fruits and Popchips!
  • SarenaWM
    SarenaWM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs, avocado, raw nuts.. If you are having a hard time eating enough, then maybe try having smoothies with your meals!
  • william00769
    Options
    Agree with Sarena, hard boiled eggs, nuts, and avocado. I also enjoy sardines, they are high in omega fatty acids and suppress hunger.
  • MizzouTigerAlum
    MizzouTigerAlum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you're craving popcorn, buy some Smartpop! Literally the best snack food ever. I am addicted.
  • wannabetrim2
    wannabetrim2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on fruit. I find an apple with peanut butter to be quite satisfying.

69270140.png
  • trishalackin
    trishalackin Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Snacks are important to speeding up metabolism and keeping you satisfied so that you don't over eat later on. Living on one meal a day with coffee is super unhealthy (but you know that- that's why you're here!). You can either do 3 meals and 3 snacks or 6 similarly sized meals throughout the day (say 6- 250 calorie mini meals) Of course how large your meals/snacks need to be is based on your caloric needs, and I can't view your diary.

Healthy snack options- fruit with nut butter, celery with nut butter or cream cheese and almonds, raw nuts, eggs, whole wheat toast or crackers with cheese, veggies, hummus, yogurt (watch the sugar)... Eat as clean as possible (staying away from stuff in a box/bag when you can) and you can't go wrong.

Best of luck! You can do this!!!
  • kennedysimmons54
    kennedysimmons54 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to eat celery and hummus as a snack.
  • mandymostert
    Options
    Thanks for the help I went shopping today I have loads of fruit and vegetables. I can do this..... :p
  • mandymostert
    Options
    Ok girls I screwed up today I over did my sodium level.. I am not doing this diet thing right.. breakfast was cereal milk and coffee.. lunch whole wheat bread and a slice of cheese. Dinner was home made lambs stew with loads of vegetables and Jasmin rice served on a side plate so small serving. And a snack I made beef jerky so I had a small handful .and 8 glasses of water.I looked up sodium it is salt. I don't cook with salt at all, I do use loaders of spices though and herbs.?????