Anyone had Lebonese Food?

Options
o2blori
o2blori Posts: 168 Member
I'm going with some people from work and I'm not sure what to have. Any suggestions?

Replies

• vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hummus, tabuleh, falafel, pita wraps.... I love that kind of food!
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hummus is very healthy and tasty....crushed up garbanzo (chickpeas) beans with lemon juice. YUMMY! I think falafel is also pretty healthy. You could def do a lot worse than Lebanese if you're trying to stay healthy.
  • OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    They usually have really good salad options as well... mmmm tuna steak! And fruit salads with nuts & honey. Lebonese food rocks! If they have a menu, I would look it up online so you can figure out your calories ahead of time. If you can't pull this specific place up on MFP, you could see if they have any dishes similar to Aladdins & go off Aladdins calories. Have fun!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Middle Eastern food is my absolute best. Get a mezze plate - humous, falafel, moutabel, labna.

I am drooling now.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Here's an article with some info on healthy options:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/311385-low-calorie-lebanese-food/

They should have kabobs, or something like it, made-up of grilled lean meats and veggies. Good stuff.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Yeah, I'm excited!!!
  • LaSirena29
    LaSirena29 Posts: 84
    Options
    If they have fattoush (salad), make sure you get some. It's my favorite. The key is the dressing, which is usually lemony & has lots of sumac in it. I make the dressing at home & it's usually much lower calorie than bottle dressings. The place I like to go drenches the salad in it, so I always make sure to ask for the dressing on the side.