***Alias***

Options
LiquidSparkle86
LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
Do you ever use an alias when going out to the bar? Post the bar name you use and the bar name you'd give to the poster above! I guess this could work as a "stage" name also!

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Alias is still a show I want to watch. I heard it was good, and always wanted to watch it, but have never actually put forth the effort to do it. Of course, I have shows on my DVR right now that are over a year old, that I still want to watch. Time is just not as plentiful as I want right now. But I will watch it eventually...

But to answer your question, i haven't used another name at a bar. I have nothing to base this on, but this seems to be something a woman might do more frequently than a man. I don't know why I think that way, but I do. I just never had a reason to use a fake name, and wonder what your reasoning behind using a fake name would be.

Unless you are strictly going to have a one night stand, and don't want to be found after that.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    Options
    Um no ^^^ def not for a one night stand. Its more so to add to the fun of being able to be someone else for a night. I can pretend to leave the world i live daily behind and be someone else for a minute! The name is just added fun! And you're right mostly my women friends use a "bar name". My intentions are def not to get laid though and my husband knows i use a bar name!!! Its all in fun! For me anyway i can see someone using it to not get caught cheating. :0/
  • davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Never used a "bar name" I have given out fake #s though.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    If I posted my real name, you wouldn't know if it was an alias or not? My bar name is Stelio Kontos (vvvv named after this guy vvvv)

http://youtu.be/JgMUtGJMAfs
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Um no ^^^ def not for a one night stand. Its more so to add to the fun of being able to be someone else for a night. I can pretend to leave the world i live daily behind and be someone else for a minute! The name is just added fun! And you're right mostly my women friends use a "bar name". My intentions are def not to get laid though and my husband knows i use a bar name!!! Its all in fun! For me anyway i can see someone using it to not get caught cheating. :0/

When I said "you" i meant it as a general term. Not you, specifically. I didn't mean to offend or accuse you of anything.

So you use a fake name with whom? Your friends? Do you tell them ahead of time? Or do you just use it with the bartender and people you talk to? Do a lot of strangers come up and talk to you? Strangers don't approach me much - if at all. But that's probably another man/woman thing.

I am a little lost on how all this works.
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I have used fake names before, random names like Stephanie, Crystal, Amanda, etc. A lot of times in the same night, I think it's funny when a guy is trying to call me from across the bar and they are yelling a name that isn't even me. Bonus if they do it around people that know me.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    I have used fake names before, random names like Stephanie, Crystal, Amanda, etc. A lot of times in the same night, I think it's funny when a guy is trying to call me from across the bar and they are yelling a name that isn't even me. Bonus if they do it around people that know me.

Why is that funny?

• k20az
    k20az Posts: 14
    Options
    Optimus prime
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I've never given a fake name and I don't go to bars. I suppose I was 21 the last time I was in a bar. Not my thing.
  • LiquidSparkle86
    Options

Lol! i would probably be drinking and forget which name i gave which guy and they'd all be calling me something different then realize i was messing with them. :0)
    I used Dixie when i went to KC recently with my mom friends. Then i realized it sounded kinda riskay... I just think its fun to take on a completely different person sometimes and be someone you cant normally be. I rarely go out (like once every 6 months) so when i do i like to have fun!
  • Behindthesehazeleyes96
    Options
    Ashley or Lindsay were my aliases unless of course they wanted my number then I'd give the name Marie (local town hoe) and her number bc she'd gladly do anybody lol
  • voidofeverything
    Options
    my ring says enough
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I don't use a bar name. But most night are my birthday when I go out.
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options

Why is that funny?

Because I am married, and still a guy will come up and try to hit on me. Soooo I have fun with it. I especially like to do that when I get the line, "Damn you fine, what's yo name?" I cannot make this up, this is how some guys hit on women nowadays.
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Lol I've used Fred Sanford. ..most people nowadays don't get it
  • LiquidSparkle86
    Options

Ooooh i will have to use this next! ;0)
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options

Ooooh i will have to use this next! ;0)

It's fun :)
  • wolverine66
    Options

Why is that funny?

Because I am married, and still a guy will come up and try to hit on me. Soooo I have fun with it. I especially like to do that when I get the line, "Damn you fine, what's yo name?" I cannot make this up, this is how some guys hit on women nowadays.

I assume you wear your ring(s), but I don't know how often people look for a ring. Is it possible when they first talk to you, they don't know you are married and not disregarding that you are married? Do you try to tell them you are not available first?

I am married too and never had any "game." I never really hit on anyone, especially not randomly in public (my wife and I got together pretty much on accident). I never had the confidence to do that. So, the thought of ever doing that terrifies me, and I am glad I never had to do it. But if I did and then found out I was being messed with, it would crush me because of the effort it took for me to approach someone in the first place. I know that there are guys who hit on women like it's nothing and will hit on anyone and everyone in hopes to get one "yes," but that's not the mindset I am coming from.
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options

Why is that funny?

I assume you wear your ring(s), but I don't know how often people look for a ring. Is it possible when they first talk to you, they don't know you are married and not disregarding that you are married? Do you try to tell them you are not available first?

I am married too and never had any "game." I never really hit on anyone, especially not randomly in public (my wife and I got together pretty much on accident). I never had the confidence to do that. So, the thought of ever doing that terrifies me, and I am glad I never had to do it. But if I did and then found out I was being messed with, it would crush me because of the effort it took for me to approach someone in the first place. I know that there are guys who hit on women like it's nothing and will hit on anyone and everyone in hopes to get one "yes," but that's not the mindset I am coming from.

Yes I do wear my ring, and shockingly I sometimes have my husband next to me. Some guys are very bold. When they keep insisting I ask for a beer and pass it to my husband. Free drinks all night.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I was never a good player. Never went to bars specifically to pick a girl up and sleep with her, though it happened. But with that, I was just me and there to have fun. I looked at things different than most though.