Hello All

Options
mom2bambam
mom2bambam Posts: 17 Member
Hello Everyone.

I am new to this site and am really excited about this lifestyle change! I remember in high school saying "If I could just lose 10 pounds!" Now, at 36, I find myself saying "If I could just lose 100 pounds!" Amazing how quickly it adds up.

When I was in high school, my "If I could just lose 10 pounds" I would have a perfect body. Now, my "If I could just lose 100 pounds" is followed by I would have a much healthier life for myself and my son. Amazing what a little maturity can do for your train of thought.

I once heard the following that I thought would be nice to share:

"You don't have to lose 100 pounds, you have to lose 1 pound 100 times"

To me - it makes it seem a little more achievable.

After joining on Monday and seeing all the support offered on these message boards, I thought I would say hello to all and wish you all well in your journey of wellness, whatever that journey may be.

Peace and Happiness to all!

Replies

• shtefie
    shtefie Posts: 32
    Options
    I love what you are saying! Such great quotes, thank you!
  • Dancinblind
    Dancinblind Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome!! I love that thought, it definately puts weight loss into an acheivable goal instead of looking at it as a whole. Best of luck on your journey... one step at a time. The support here is great! We all have the same goal in the long run. To better our life for those we love and love us back. You can do it!! Just take it one day and one pound at a time :o)
  • KaironAndTaviansMommy
    KaironAndTaviansMommy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    mom2bambam,

I really enjoyed reading your post! I really love this website, and it definitely helps me keep on track. I would have never thought how many calories were in my fastfood and in regular food. It definitely keeps me honest and aware. I feel amazing and have only been using it for a month. I have lost 16 pounds so far and wish you the same success as i am acheiving!!! GREAT luck and have a GREAT day!

BreannaRush
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these encouraging words... Very helpful and more easier to digest. One pound at a time rahter looking at the whole 100 pounds all at once. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • JulesGC
    JulesGC Posts: 9
    Options
    Great thoughts for the mid week crisis! Thanks! :smile: Hope you have the most brilliant of days! Jules x