Staying focuse on reaching your goal

Options
I was 220lbs when I starte and now weigh 200lbs. I have 25 more pounds to go before I reach my goal weight that I would love to maintain. The problemis I am getting impatient with the slow process. I workout at home everyday and changed my diet to the paleo diet. However, I constantly think about all the food I want but know I need to stay focused. Has anyone been through this that can give me a little encouragement/motivation to keep going? Thank you and your input is appreciated.

Replies

• scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can do this.....take each day as it is handed to you!!
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You're already halfway to your goal, basically. No sense turning back now!

I also recommend tweaking your diet so that you genuinely enjoy it and are not like, white knuckling it until the day you can change it to... what? This should be a lifestyle change, not a temporary way of eating. So if you're hating it, make changes. Remember that all you need for weight loss is to make your calorie deficit. It doesn't matter if you work in some Lucky Charms or pizza or whatever, as long as your calories are below your maintenance level.

And congratulations on being 20 lbs down! That's awesome :)
  • SlimSlowFabulicous
    SlimSlowFabulicous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I'm just now seeing this being that I'm back on trying to make this a life style.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was 220lbs when I starte and now weigh 200lbs. I have 25 more pounds to go before I reach my goal weight that I would love to maintain. The problemis I am getting impatient with the slow process. I workout at home everyday and changed my diet to the paleo diet. However, I constantly think about all the food I want but know I need to stay focused. Has anyone been through this that can give me a little encouragement/motivation to keep going? Thank you and your input is appreciated.

Is the paleo way of eating one that you think you are comfortable with maintaining for the rest of your life? I'm asking because if it's not, you will have trouble in maintenance. If you are already missing foods and thinking about them, there is another way.
    You are losing weight because you are eating in a calorie deficit, not because of the specific foods you are eating. If you are missing a lot of the foods you really like and want to incorporate some of them back into your lifestyle, buy a food scale and weigh all of your solid foods, including the foods you want to eat but haven't been. As long as you are eating in moderation, you can have those foods. Smaller portions, keeping your calories within your deficit, keeps you successful with your weight loss, and will work just as well for long term maintenance, as well.
    for more information, read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

If this isn't the help you'd like, or you are comfortable with paleo and sticking with it, please disregard.
  • SlimSlowFabulicous
    SlimSlowFabulicous Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No, thank you for this. That was just a kick starter but, I love " real food" and know I will go back to it once I reach my goal weight and I between " cheat days." That's why I need to find something and helpful tips that will keep me where I'm at once I lose and get to my goal weigh

I just read the link and I think you saved my
    Life. Thank you ;)