I need advice on how to loose the love handles

Options
Ive been dieting and doing cardial Is there anything else I can do. I do leg lifts,crunches,touch my toes. Any ideas appreciated.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie deficit. You can't spot reduce.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Keep going can't spot reduce.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Get on a strength program Ice cream fitness 5x5 or wendlers 5x3x.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAuARgqS6aQ

I always suggest ICF 5x5 as most people don't want to read and want everything handed to them so you just have to watch a video and follow what he says.

You can't target weight loss btw
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it takes a really really long time of eating good food at a calorie deficit while exercising, finding the right amount of cardio and strength training that is right for you.

but know that the love handles are the last place that you'll lose from.
  • shabaity
    Options
    it takes a really really long time of eating good food at a calorie deficit while exercising, finding the right amount of cardio and strength training that is right for you.

I dunno mine are smoothing out nicely this go round and the scale says I haven't lost a lb.

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    shabaity wrote: »

I dunno mine are smoothing out nicely this go round and the scale says I haven't lost a lb.

good for you!

i think men tend to store more weight around the mid-section than women.
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

good for you!

i think men tend to store more weight around the mid-section than women.

Not true. All my weight is in my mid-section.

Where you lose first and last is completely genetic - no bearing on male vs female.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Men tend to hold onto love handles and abdominal fat while women tend to hold onto hips/thighs more often. Clearly it doesn't always follow that pattern but it's pretty common.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type. Even though I'm a woman, I also store fat primarily on the abdomen. It's the first place it goes and the last place it comes off. I've lost a total of almost 45 pounds and I still have a flabby stomach, but it's finally getting smaller.

You can't spot reduce. You have to gradually lose fat from your entire body and your genetic makeup will determine where the fat will come from first/last.
  • jefflewis440
    jefflewis440 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My love handles just don't go away. Ever. I almost have a six pack, it's actually like an almost 4 pack, but I still have love handles. At this point I think it looks ridiculous since that is the only spot where I seem to be storing fat. Whatever man, I'm just going to keep doing what I do. Maybe they'll go away, maybe not.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    can't spot reduce, but it does sound like you're not doing any core work. Are you: doing crunches? reverse crunches? planks? side planks? supermans, etc? Add in some exercises for back and for core and though you won't spot reduce, you'll firm up what you've got :)
  • shabaity
    Options
    Mountain climbers also they maybe devices of torture but done right can work your core