Day ONE!!!! And already not off to a great start!

Options
My Starbucks Soy Chai Tea has started my day off bad....but I won't have another one because I don't have very many calories left and it is going to be a loooong hungry day! I had no idea at all that it was 340 calories! I just looked it up online and I about died!

Replies

• dublindoors
    dublindoors Posts: 13
    Options
    Sucks doesn't it?
    Don't worry, there is always tomorrow. This is new to me also. Just pick yourself up and start again, right now...
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Leave it behind you and make good choices for the rest of the day. One coffee isn't going to break you, promise. Good luck on your fitness journey.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I gave up my coffee creamer because even the sugar free or fat free had too many calories. Don't worry, just realize the choices you make and adjust them. How about getting it fat free if they offer it?
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it.. this whole process is about learning about the choices that we make. You'll pick up on what to try to steer away from quickly as well as what to replace your favorite treats with. The message boards are great.. full of great ideas and lots of support, and awesome people.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Whenever I eat/drink something that I know could bite me - I try to get in little bits of exercise throughout the day to negate it. Good luck - its day one, nobody is perfect!
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    Best thing about MFP is that it makes you realize how many calories, sugar, sodium, etc is in the foods you currently eat. It took me about a month to figure out how eat during the day without going over my calories and starving myself. Practice makes perfect. Hang in there, it will get easier.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's a learning experience don't beat yourself up about it, we all have bad days.
  • canadian_cristal
    canadian_cristal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I love soy chai lattes but totally understand that it has super high calories. What may work for you is the following:

Switching to the chai tea bag at Starbucks
    Adding Half sweet sugar free vanilla
    half with steamed soy

Practically half the calories.
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    This site makes you realize how some of our daily favorites effect our weight big time!!!! Just try and get some exercise in tonight, maybe a walk or something. Good luck on your journey!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Doesn't have to be a hungry day. Just look especially for healthy foods. I know green beans are super low cal. Starving yourself isn't going to make things any better; could actually make them worse. Just pick up where you left off and do it right this time =) Good luck!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You will be shocked when u find out the hidden calories in some common foods!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I know!! That was one of the first things I had to stop I LOVED the soy green tea lattes and then I looked them up.... can we say YIKES?!? Not to mention the calories but the sugar content is insane as well! Nothing will replace a chai exactly but I highly reccomend iced skinny cinnamon dolce lattes. It kind of emulates the spices in a chai.
  • RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling but guess what unless you are physically kicking yourself in the *kitten* right now beating yourself up about it is NOT helping. Now you know, those coffee beverages are AWFUL for your health and weight. Do a skinny version instead always use splenda or skim. Enjoy the journey. I weighed 234 1/08 I am now down to 160 and alot of that is muscle!!! Go girl!
  • RachelleStarson
    RachelleStarson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling but guess what unless you are physically kicking yourself in the *kitten* right now beating yourself up about it is NOT helping. Now you know, those coffee beverages are AWFUL for your health and weight. Do a skinny version instead always use splenda or skim. Enjoy the journey. I weighed 234 1/08 I am now down to 160 and alot of that is muscle!!! Go girl!
  • liftnat
    liftnat Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome to weight loss! You'll probably be shocked at the calories in the things you like to eat. But if you stick with it, you'll learn tips and tricks on how to get your favorite foods.

You'll have good days and bad days. You'll have progress then you'll gain some. It's a rugged journey - but it's worth it.

YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    The great part of this whole thing is you get to see where you took a wrong turn... and getting back on the right track is easier when you know that. Make sure when you can sneak it in, go for a 10 or 15 min walk a few times throughout the day. Every little bit will help.
  • simone207
    simone207 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It is hard to know how much calories are in things. Sometimes I log my food at night after work and see that I'm above where I want to be, but you can't let that mistake let you down- just learn from it and get positive for the rest of your day. Don't get down on yourself- you can do it.
  • Apriljoynes
    Apriljoynes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why not exercise it off !
  • dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    There is A LOT of learning these things! :) If you are looking it up, that is an awesome step!! Welcome btw! I agree with Apriljoynes, burn it off and you will feel much better about yourself and still have room to eat dinner!:)
    One day at a time, you can do it!!!
  • Raven5287
    Raven5287 Posts: 31
    Options
    Yeah I almost feel over when i realized how bad they were.... they do offer low fat options that are alot better... I suggest green tea & lemon water for energy and extra help with weight loss with No calories!!! Maybe 10 or 15 from the lemon but those are good!
    :happy: