Turbo Fire Fans

Options
I've been doing Turbo Jam for several months. I'm wanting to move on to another program. I'm leaning towards Turbo Fire. How is it similar/different?

I am also considering Piyo and Chalene Extreme. Any recommendations?

Replies

• Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have Chalene Extreme and I prefer Turbo Fire. It is higher intensity workout and it is really fun! Chalene is more strength while Turbo Fire is more cardio.
  • TrishaCisneros
    TrishaCisneros Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm doing TurboFire right now and omgosh I LOVE IT!!! I did PiYo before this, and I hated it. WAYYYY too slow.
  • bethberg12
    bethberg12 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did TurboFire all 2013 (was really sick in 2014) and I loved it!! Chalene is perky, but not really annoying perky. The only thing that kills me is that some of the workouts are long, so if you can only do them at night, the 55-min ones are hard. There was enough variety to keep it interesting, and I felt REALLY powerful as I got better and better at it.
  • Kristyann624
    Kristyann624 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great! Thank you! I've really come to like Turbo Jam and am just needed new scenery I guess. There's a variety of workout lengths though, right? Because I do mainly workout at night, but in the afternoon on weekends that I could make time for the longer ones.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I do Chalene extreme and I love it. It is strength training and very different from Turbo Jam, so it just depends on what type of change you want.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBOFIRE!!!! I lost 48lb doing it back in 2012. Now after having a baby in November I'm back at it. Just started again if anyone wants to add me as a friend. I would def get it. I also have Piyo and CLX. Clx is good but i I seems like it was recorded back in the 90's. Piyo is good also but there are some more that my post baby body can't do and made me mad lol. So I'll do it after TF.
  • Kristyann624
    Options
    I think I'd really like Chalean Extreme, but I've heard people say they were constantly upping weights. I like weight lifting but I can't afford to buy additional weights and a program right now.

And I think I'm going to do Piyo after Fire, once I get a little closer to my goal weight. I'm hoping around summer. @kyunda‌ I think I'd probably die if I got it and found out I couldn't quite manage it yet!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme right now for the second time. Finished Turbofire at the end of last year and still use it for cardio at least once a week. Turbofire is so much fun. CLX is more strength training and if you do not want to purchase weights, they do have modifier that uses resistance bands. I do not enjoy CLX nearly as much as Turbofire. It is slower pace. Turbofire has HIITs as low as 15 minutes to a longer 55 minute workout. Normally I would dread 55 minutes of cardio but that is actually my favorite workout of them all.
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I found it really hard at first but love it now, especially all the variety from a short HIIT to abs to a longer cardio, as others have said. For the cardio I found it helped to watch it through once (if you have the time) before trying it- helped me get a feel for the more complicated moves.
  • kyunda
    Options
    Eleanor_82 wrote: »
    I found it really hard at first but love it now, especially all the variety from a short HIIT to abs to a longer cardio, as others have said. For the cardio I found it helped to watch it through once (if you have the time) before trying it- helped me get a feel for the more complicated moves.

You can always do the new to class one. That way she shows you the moves before you run straight through it.
  • kyunda
    Options
    I think I'd really like Chalean Extreme, but I've heard people say they were constantly upping weights. I like weight lifting but I can't afford to buy additional weights and a program right now.

And I think I'm going to do Piyo after Fire, once I get a little closer to my goal weight. I'm hoping around summer. @kyunda‌ I think I'd probably die if I got it and found out I couldn't quite manage it yet!

Yep I felt so defeated win I couldn't do some of the moves. But I had to keep telling myself that u just had a baby(3months) and my body isn't the same. But after I finish this round of TF I'm doing it.
  • Kristyann624
    Options
    There is a challenge pack special this month on Beachbody. So sometime this month I'll be ordering it! I'm pretty excited now! Thanks ladies! I'm thinking the moves will be similar to Jam. It took a while to get the hang of the movements on that one too.
  • Rubie782
    Rubie782 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Kristyann--There are Turbo Fire videos on YouTube now so you can check it out. The only problem is it doesnt have the "New To Class" option like the DVDs so it doesn't break down the moves. I have done TF in the past and had great results. I think Im going to start it again on Monday (03/23).
  • ojandtoast
    ojandtoast Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Kristyann, Late to the game here but I have Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and PiYO.

Turbo Fire is just a more intense version of Turbo Jam. Like others have said, it's pretty intense once you first start and then it gets a little easier. I enjoy Turbo Fire a lot more than Turbo Jam, but I think it's because of the variety in workouts that you do in the schedule. I still go back to the weight training DVD from Turbo Jam from time to time because I really liked it.

I don't know much about Chalean Extreme, but there was a sample workout included with my Turbo Fire DVDs. I tried it out and didn't really like it. I just stick to the resistance band training that is included with Turbo Fire. I tend to feel more sore after those workouts to be honest.

Now, I'm still working with the PiYo DVDs on occasion, like someone already mention they are very slow. I feel like some of the moves are pretty hard to because of my shorter torso. Maybe that's just me? I don't know, I'm trying to like it though!

I can tell you that Turbo Fire will either put you in great shape or maintain your shape. I've been doing for about six months and although I kind of hit a plateau, I haven't gained anything. This is pretty good considering I overindulged for the holidays and a few weekends. D: