March 100+ Mile Challenge

Options
Rules: Walk/Run/Bicycle(or stationary) 100 or more miles during the month of March 2015.

Let's get out there and move!!!!!

If you want to break it down, it's only 3.25 miles per day! Let's get this!

Replies

• FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this. In training for a 100k run. so want to be hitting quite a few miles on a monthly basis.
    Bit behind at the moment. 4th of march and only about 8 miles done. Will sort that out by the weekend though.
  • ForAManWithHope
    ForAManWithHope Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm at 10 so far!
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon and should have just over 100 miles this month. 15.5 miles done as of this morning :smile:
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Awesome!!! I'm now at 14 miles with today's cardio! Goodluck with your marathon training!
  • Daisy471
    Options
    I'm now at 31.5 miles, all running. Yesterday it was finally above freezing and a great day for a run! How are you doing?
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    I'm currently at 36 miles! That's awesome you're in the 30's now! Keep it up! We'll have this beat in no time. And where do you leave that it's that cold?! We hit 86F today!
  • Daisy471
    Options
    I ran 4.5 Tuesday night, so I am at 36 also. I am sick right now, so I skipped yesterday's run and will probably not run today either. I'm in Michigan, and I would much rather deal with freezing temps than 86F - I don't do well in the heat!
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Oh man! I'm the complete opposite! I'm now at 40 miles! I did a 4 mile run today. (yesterday). I work nights so my days are confusing! but awesome job at keeping up! We'll hit these 100 miles in no time!
  • pattistrain
    pattistrain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    102 miles bicycling so far this month.
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Great job!
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Daisy471 wrote: »
    I ran 4.5 Tuesday night, so I am at 36 also. I am sick right now, so I skipped yesterday's run and will probably not run today either. I'm in Michigan, and I would much rather deal with freezing temps than 86F - I don't do well in the heat!

I'm now at 78 miles. I've been running a lot of practice 10Ks.
  • Daisy471
    Options
    Great job guys! I ran last night, so I am at a whopping 39 miles. It was pretty awful, and I'm not as recovered as I thought. A realistic goal for me is 75 miles this month, which makes sense after missing more than a week. There's always next month :) I have a half on the 19th then I will continue to add miles to get ready for a 25k in early May.
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Great job! Still an amazing goal! Keep us updated!
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Today I hit 88 miles! I'm almost there. Did 5 miles today and yesterday running.
  • pattistrain
    Options
    181 miles bicycled this month so far.
  • Daisy471
    Options
    I ran 3 miles Saturday morning and felt much better so I ran the 10k I had planned on Sunday. I'm at 48.2 miles for the month, and should get to 75 (or maybe 80) by the end of the month. The best part - I ran without my watch or phone because I decided not to focus on my pace (just run comfortably), and I ended up with a PR!

ForAManWithHope - You'll get to 100 miles well before the end of the month!

pattistrain - I think there was only once that I rode that many miles in a month, and that was when I did my one and only century. Great job!
  • Daisy471
    Options
    Another 6 miles last night, and even faster than the 10k! I ran with some friends that are faster than me and always seem to pull me along. I averaged a 10:10 pace, and one of my big goals is to be able to maintain 10 minute miles. I'm not sure if I'm running today, my plan does have 3 miles listed for today, but I ran further and faster than planned yesterday so today might be a rest day.
  • ForAManWithHope
    Options
    Awesome job on your 10K! And you'll get there in no time for the miles. I'm now at 106 miles! Hit the goal! I'll definitely keep checking back to see how everyone is doing and with a final update.

That's a great pace for your mile time as well. I'm currently at a 8:00 for distance and if I'm doing only my 2 mile runs, I hit around the 5:50 minute mile.
  • pattistrain
    Options
    So far... 230 miles bicycled this month!
  • Daisy471
    Options
    I ended up taking that rest day, and then ran 3 on Thursday and did my long run (10 miles) on Saturday. It went very well. All but 2 miles were at the same pace (10:45), and the 2 slower miles were due to a quick break for a shot blok and waiting for traffic. I was very happy that our pace was so consistent, even though the last mile was definitely harder! Planning on 3 on the treadmill tonight before my session with a trainer.

Great job on your mileage, both of you! I don't think I'll ever have an 8:00 mile, but I can do 5:50 on my bike :smiley: