Decreasing Muscle Bulk / Body size

Options
2»

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    In all likelihood the VAST majority of your bulk is fat. Furthermore losing muscle is the easiest thing in the world to do and also possibly the stupidest if you want to look better.

I'd recommend that you continue resistance training while eating at a deficit. If you get down to a low body fat percentage and still want to lose muscle (unlikely), then all you have to do is stop performing resistance training.
  • SteveRenewed
    SteveRenewed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »
    In all likelihood the VAST majority of your bulk is fat. Furthermore losing muscle is the easiest thing in the world to do and also possibly the stupidest if you want to look better.

I'd recommend that you continue resistance training while eating at a deficit. If you get down to a low body fat percentage and still want to lose muscle (unlikely), then all you have to do is stop performing resistance training.

Well, being that I see myself everyday and from what my wife/family and friends that know me say (including a professional trainer from my gym and my doctor), I can confidently say that I am muscular and do have a lot of muscle mass lol. Yes there is a lot fat on top but thanks for the advice.