30 Shred - Beach Body - Tae Bo - Zumba - Need Support

Options
I've been heavy almost my entire life.
When I was 6, my cousin who taught a kindergarten glass at a night catholic school (that he shouldn't have been teaching, considering he was 18), use to drag me in front of the class, and held a sign over my head, which read, "Laugh at Kate" and anyone who didn't, was put int he corner for the entire length of the class.
He also started the nickname "Butterball." I started packing on the lbs right after that.
It got to the point, that was family stress, and my cousin, amongst other things, food was really my only comfort.
When I was 8, my mom and grandfather had to drive me a town over just to find pants for me. I cried for hours.

I got engaged December 19th, 2010. We plan on getting married at either the end of next year, or the beginning of the year to follow that.
After he purposed is when I put my foot down. I'm tired of feeling so badly about myself, of looking in the mirror and feeling repulsed.
I want to walk down the isle with confidence, and further more, I would like to ENJOY our honymoon.
I want to be able to walk into any store, buy whatever I want, and look damn good in it.

I've been on this site for a week, and I love it. Everyone is so kind and supportive.
My weight now is 240, I want to get down to 170, 160 by October.
I know it will be hard, but I've started a work out plan of,

30 day shred, several beach body workouts, Tae Bo, and Zumba. I'm also cutting back on my portions, and being more careful about what I eat. I've also cut pop out of my diet (which is VERY hard for me, huge caffeine junkie)

I would like some friends who are going to support me, and who in turn, I can support.
I feel like doing something like this, at least for me, is so much harder if you are doing it alone.
I'll be updating this later when I've weigh in in a couple weeks. :)

Replies

• cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I would love to support you. You can add me as a friend.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I'll add you now! Im doing the 30 day shred myself, im looking at doing insanity and i do the zumba wii game :) Supprt heading your way hun! x
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I'll add you now! Im doing the 30 day shred myself, im looking at doing insanity and i do the zumba wii game :) Supprt heading your way hun! x
  • repochick
    repochick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I would love to support you too. I have been heavy since I got out of high school and I am struggling to get back in shape. I also have a FB page called Chubby Buddies that is a great group for support. They have really helped me. It's a secured page so you can only see stuff if you are a member. Good Luck on your weight loss and congrats on the engagement!!
    Jenn
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I did the SLim in 6 series from Beach Body and I loved it! Feel free to add me! !
  • lunaliberi
    lunaliberi Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you! :) I've thought about starting insanity, but it looks a bit intimidating.
  • Shushonet
    Shushonet Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm into Zumba and kickbox too, and soon going to start the 30 days shred. Good luck for both of us!