bump

Options
being new to the site, what does Bump mean? am I missing something obvious here !

Replies

• acmassey
    acmassey Posts: 3
    Options
    People tend to use "bump" as a way to move threads back to the top so people will see them. They are "bumping" them up to the top.
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It's a way to mark a topic so you can refer back to it later without actually making a comment. When you comment on a post, it shows up in your topics and when you "bump" something, it then shows up in your topics
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Or the bump them so they can go back later and look at the thread :)
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    you also use bump so that you can look at it later. if you go to your profile it will show the threads that you commented on. so you don't lose what you were looking at!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been on here for awhile and I was just getting bothered by that also....I have no idea what it means.... :grumble:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    People tend to use "bump" as a way to move threads back to the top so people will see them. They are "bumping" them up to the top.

yup!! & also people will reply with "bump" to a topic they're interested in, so that they can reference it later (when you reply to a topic it shows up on your profile page under "recent forum posts")
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    aw...got it. :smile:
  • mummakitty
    mummakitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yep as others have said .. it's usually a way of bringing a topic back up .. "bumping" it back :bigsmile: