Finally using mfp!!

Options
P0RKYPIG
P0RKYPIG Posts: 38 Member
Hello I've had mfp on my phone for ages but just haven't used it. So as of last Sunday I've started logging. I'm 35 and weigh 210 pounds my goal to start out is to to try and get down to 196 and then ultimately move down to MY ideal weight of 168. I know it's going to be a long road but I'm feeling confident I can do it! I will be going to a gym 1 or 2 days a week and also get in a bit of running when I can spare the time. Wish me luck

Replies

• ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) it's a great place. Hopefully you will find a lot of support and encouragement here. Good luck on your journey! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP-good luck!
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Its a great app! You can do it!
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great site. Good luck!
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • P0RKYPIG
    P0RKYPIG Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks all :)

I have to say I'm slightly confused I'm well below my daily cal allowance I'm starting to think if I have set this up correctly, I've checked and it looks right. I'm more conscious about what I'm eating but I wouldn't say I'm having that much less than what I normally would do. I feel I'm being honest in fact I would say I'm over logging one or two things like the gherkins I had 2 relatively small ones and logged it as 30cal and one or two other things I've logged more just to make sure I'm not cheating myself.
    We will see over the coming days I suppose.

I've set my diary to open so you can look for yourself lol a lot of junk in there but I'm starting slowly :p
  • william00769
    Options
    Looks like we have the same goals, lol, as I started at 206lbs and now around 195lbs. I hope to get down to 170lbs. Good luck to you!
  • AReeves41
    AReeves41 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Welocme. Feel free to add me
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!!!
  • DannyA0130
    DannyA0130 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I right with you. After this brutal holiday... And the fact I love food. I jumped to 225 really fast. 29 years old and I'm on the same trek as you. Add me if you like I try to stay below the calories. A bit of a learning curve.
  • lholmes1985
    lholmes1985 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you! :D