Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

when nutrition facts don't jibe

Options
I've eaten a cup of Unico chick peas as an entree for two days in a row. The numbers on the label on the can and in the entry in MFP says there are a very reasonable 340 calories in a cup but the numbers on the Internet here says a whopping 720 calories! Which is it?! I'm screwed if the Internet numbers are right!

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No it's 340 for a cup. 720 is double that, which is also the amount in the whole can

HOLD UP it's 720 for a cup, yes
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    its 340 PER SERVING size. looks like there are 2 servings per container.

pesky details....
  • tomatoey
    Options
    180 for 1/4 cup (50g) x 4 = crazy
  • tomatoey
    Options
    You're not screwed though, it's only 2 days. Don't freak
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I think that site is in error. Check this one (also from the maker). The one I link below is about the same as the La Preferida chick peas I use -
    http://www.unico.ca/products.php?id=35&catid=5
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I tend to believe the nutrition information printed on the side of the can.
  • apfei
    apfei Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanx Maxit and Acheben. Thanx for the link -- i hadn't noticed, but the volume on the can of the scary Internet label does not match the volume on the real can, so it must be a different product -- in oil, or something. The volume on the link you sent me DOES match, so i will chillax. I think IT is the correct one. Best to go with the can label, i agree. Boy, did i panic!